Join us on 3rd Thursdays, 6:00-
8:00PM at the Quimby Lucky Lab
Thursday, June 19, 2014:
MAKING AGILE LESS FRAGILE
Thursday, July 17, 2014:
YOUR CAREER IN PRODUCT
ADVANCEMENT, AND BEYOND
Hot Jobs at ADP Dealer Services
Prod Owner Collaboration Services http://alturl.com/39nwx
Prod Owner Network and Security http://alturl.com/wtfru
Prod Manager Telecom & VoIP http://alturl.com/p9738
Prod Owner Owner Marketing http://alturl.com/sp33d
Manager of Planning Analytics, Oregon Region
Providence Health and Services
Senior Product Manager
ADP Dealer Services
Interaction Designer and Systems Engineer
(Moderator) Nate Bonn-Savage
Huron Consulting Group
1. In your company/org how do you distinguish „UI‟ from „UX‟?---i.e., what
other elements of your product interaction, beyond the UI (screen) affects
the overall User Experience? Packaging? Install/Provisioning? Help?
Support? Tell us a quick war story.
2. What are the key activities involved in UX (not just design?) (eg. UX
Research, Design/Wireframes, Usability Testing, Style Guides, etc etc).
3. Who does UX in your organization? What are their competencies? Inside
which org is your UX team located? Dev? Product? Research? Other?
4. Why should Product Management care about UX?
1. What processes have you seen used for UX design (lean)? How do you
balance UX and cost?
2. What does a „typical‟ UX cycle look like in your company? How long, and which
processes tend to be the longest poles in the tent?
3. How have cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds and perspectives
impacted UX design output in your experience?
4. How do product management and UX designers collaborate in your
organization? What input do you want, and when, explicitly, from the Product
Managers/Owners you work with? Do you have any particularly memorable
experiences or stories you could share?
1. How has UX design solved real world business problems in your
2. What are your experiences with executing design initiatives in an
environment of great uncertainty? Does uncertainty help? Hinder?
3. You often hear “XX product has a great design” from consumers (Apple,
Nike, etc). What is meant by “good/great” design in your experience and
why does the business care?
4. Other than your own products what‟s the best UX you‟ve seen, that you
aspire to? Why? The worst? Why?
The Questions-Time Pending
1. If a Product Owner/Manager (not an expert UX practitioner) has time to
read only one book or visit one site to learn UX essentials, where would you
point them & why?
2. It‟s often said that „little things mean a lot‟. Can you cite an example where
a seemingly little tweak made a big difference for your products UX?
Please take our 3 minute survey:
ENTER SHORT URL HERE