SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Current Sex Ratio of India in 2011 is 940 Females/1000 Males....
Current Sex Ratio of India in 2011 is 940 Females/1000 Males.
Sex Ratio of India - Sex Ratio is a term used to define number of females per 1000 males. It's a great source to find the equality of males and females in a society at a given period of time. In India Sex Ratio was okay till the time of Independence, thereafter it has declined regularly. According to Census of India 2001, Indian sex ratio has shown some improvement in the last 10 years. It has gone up from 927 in 1991 census to 933 in 2001 census of India. There has been some improvement in the Sex Ratio of India but it has gone in some states very badly like Haryana. The state of Kerala with 1058 has best sex ratio in India. Haryana has the lowest sex ratio of 861 females per 1000 males. So Sex Ratio of India depends from region to region, it varies from state to state also.
The states of South India have the best Sex Ratio of females per 1000 males. Some important facts about Sex Ratio of India are presented here:
• Kerala with 1058 females per 1000 males has the highest female literacy rate according to 2001 Census of India.
• The state of Haryana has the lowest female literacy rate in India.
• In Union Territories of India, Daman and Diu has the lowest female sex ratio while Pondicherry has the highest female sex ratio in India.
• There is some extent of gender bias in India are responsible for this decline in female ratio however there is some improvement in sex ratio of India.
• Lack of education and poverty in rural areas.