1. ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN EVENTEARTHBOUND MUSIC FESTIVALPinkerton Academy DECA ChapterPinkerton Academy5 Pinkerton StreetDerry, New Hampshire 03038Crystal M. MorelliJanuary 14, 2013
2. TABLE OF CONTENTSI. EXECUTIVE SUMMARYOne-page description of the campaignII. DESCRIPTIONDescription of the product, service, company or business selectedIII. OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE CAMPAIGNIV. IDENTIFICATION OF THE TARGET MARKETA. Primary marketsB. Secondary marketsV. LIST OF ADVERTISING MEDIA SELECTION NECESSARY FOR THE CAMPAIGNVI. SCHEDULES OF ALL ADVERTISING PLANNEDVII. SCHEDULES OF ALL SALES PROMOTION ACTIVITY(IES) PLANNEDVIII. BUDGET (Detailed projections of actual cost)IX. STATEMENT OF BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT/ADVERTISERX. BIBLIOGRAPHY
3. I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARYThis plan is to advertise the first annualEarthbound Music Festival through promoting theunique experience it provides to the target markets. The advertising image theme is“Earthbound” which means we are bound to live in peace with earth, our home, and let musicbring people together to create serenity with the world. “Earthbound” embraces the slogan:music makes this world go round; by people sharing music and nature together to keep usmoving along together. This theme in every respect shares the views of the specific primarytarget market which will grab the attention in the following advertisement methods. Thecampaignwill includeprint ads, broadcast media, online advertising, and viral marketingstrategies. Specifically, the print ads will include flyers posted in high traffic areas of selectedcollege campuses. The broadcast media advertising method will focus exclusively on radioadvertisements on targeted stations. Online advertisements will include the use of a YouTubechannel. Finally, viral marketing strategies will be centered onthe social media tools ofFacebook, Twitter, and memes. The goal is to achieve a high number of ticket purchases for tenpercent of the profit will go to the Environmental protection and Conservation Charity, inaddition to a portion of ticket sales being donated there will also be donation centers availablethroughout various locations within the venue. This plan will get the festival noticed and theevent itself will not be short of any expectations advertised but hopefully even better.
4. I. DESCRIPTIONEarthbound Music Festival is a two day concert experience: on SaturdayAugust 17thandSunday the 18th2013in the 44 acres at Prowse Farm in Canton Massachusetts; for all to listen toreggae based genres and join together in the optimistic vibes while being bound into the aroma ofearth’s pure atmosphere. The experience will connect the audience to the natural beauty of earthwhile creating a communion embodied by the jamming of reggae and rock music. Essentially,this festival will be a memory of warm summer air, chill sounds, awesome people, and nature’ssurroundings; to really feel how music makes this world go round, which is the slogan andtheme of the campaign. This experience will get into the mind, soul, and body of the individuals’who attend to make it memorable and a phenomenon to continue for years.Most importantly10% of the profits from this festival will go to anEnvironmental Protection and Conservationcharity, EarthShare,to give back to Earth and help our environment- a huge part of what thisfestival celebrates. The performance line-up will include a variety of groups and solo artistsincluding: Rebelution, Soja,Sublime w/ Rome, O.A.R, Slightly Stoopid, Cypress Hill,DamianMarley w/ Nas,Iration, Expendables, K’naan, and more!In order to effectively advertise this event to the target market anddeliver anunforgettable experience to the audience, several major advertising strategies will be used. Moredetail on the specific advertising strategies can be found on section five labeled List ofAdvertising Media Selection and the schedules for both advertising and promotion activitiesfollowed on section six and seven. The campaign will meet the goals and objectives to makeEarthbound a distinguished service and event.
5. III. OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE CAMPAIGN Sell out the venue= Highest profits Relate to the target market; This will show strongly in ticket sales, the crowd at the event,and how well the advertising tools worked Reach out to other target markets to increase sales and establish Earthbound MusicFestival Help the EarthShare charity by giving 10% of the profits
6. IV. IDENTIFICATION OF THE TARGET MARKETA. Primary markets:Age:17-25Gender:female/maleEthnicity:Primarily black or whiteEducation:collegeOccupation:Anything; studentIncome: LowMarital status:Not marriedValues:Music, nature, relaxation, happiness, holisticAttitudes:Optimistic, caring, down to earth,Open-mindedLifestyle:Laid back, hang out with friendsOpinions:Nothing is better than music, art, people, and nature; spread the loveBeliefs:Believes in world peace, no discrimination, money is not a big deal This event will be highly targeted toreggae music lovers between the ages of16- 30, both men and women. It will befull of the interests of these people for itis those who will spend money on thisregardless of income. This market willpay attention to music festivals aroundand notice the advertising. They willmake this show viral on Facebook andspread the word like wildfire.B. Secondary markets:Age: 30-50Gender: female/maleEthnicity: Primarily black or whiteEducation: out of college, older generationOccupation:JobIncome: $20,000-upMarital status:married possibly singleValues:Music, Seventies music, good timeAttitudes: One life to have fun, peace, optimisticLifestyle:Busy, family, enjoy fun opportunitiesOpinions:Non-superficialBeliefs:Staying in the younger generation This secondary market is anyone looking fora unique experience of what today’s reggaemusic is and loves to have a good time ingeneral. Age is older 30-50 and gender iseither male or female. Those with a higherincome to want to spend money on this. Thismarket will hear of this festival through theradio, people, and through the socialnetworks they belong to. These people havean open mind to hear the reggae music todayand used to be big Bob Marley fans or otherartists at the time.
7. V. LIST OF ADVERTISING MEDIA SELECTION NECESSARY FOR THECAMPAIGN Facebook page: All event information and Updates YouTube Channel:Jam sessions of music lineup. Promo-Video broadcasted. LiveInterview feed at festival. Radio: Advertisement for when tickets are available and all general information such aslocation, date, and the lineup. Email: Sign up through Live Nation ticket venue and follow on YouTube through emailwith videos from channel straight to e-mail. Texts: Sign up number with E-mail and get texts alerts about what is new to keep theconnection. Merchandise(sold at festival) Flyers: Put at all colleges in high trafficking areasProvides all general information andwhen tickets are available. Also includes all social media tools to stay connected to all thenew information for the event. These include the main Facebook page, Twitter and hashtag #earthbound13, and the YouTube channel. Flyers will be put in all dorms,recreational halls, student centers, Event information halls, on-campus housing, bars,food dining Interview of band for promo video: Live feed at the concert to use as a tool forpromotion of the festival in the next year.VI. SCHEDULES OF ALL ADVERTISING PLANNEDFacebook Page Available April 2013Twitter Countdown: Twitter hash-tag via#earthbound13March 2012-August 2012*Live posts at eventYouTube Video Jam Sessions Starts April 20thRadio Advertising: Radio 92.9, 92.5,107.1 Starts March 20th2013Tickets go on sale April 20th2013Interviews at concert/live feed: Keep peoplemotivated for next year’s festivalTwitter Live feed #earthbound13August 17th-18th2013Merchandise selling at festival August 17th-18th2013
8. VII. SCHEDULES OF ALL SALES PROMOTION ACTIVITIES PLANNEDDonations to EarthSharecharity at festivalDonation centers throughoutthe venueAugust 17th-18thWin tickets With donations to the charityperson will get put intodrawing for ticketsin the VIPsection and hang out withbandsAugust 17th-18th
10. X. STATEMENT OF BENEFITS TO THE CLIENT/ADVERTISER Reach sales and profit goal to sell out the venue; 5,000 tickets Establish Earthbound Music Festival as a viable brand Artists make a profit Increased expansion for the artists Improve the image due to philanthropic involvement: Donations toCharity Become a completive event in the music industry Create a memorable event