1. The mission of Partners &Co. is to create and enactPublic Relationscampaigns thataccomplished results-driven goals andcohesively integrate ouragents and our clients.
2. CLIENT BACKGROUNDTricia Booker is a former University of North Floridaprofessor and currently an independent blogger throughher site, “My Left Hook.” The blog is considered amongthe “mommy blog” genres, though it discusses not onlyparenting, but adoptions, marriage, fitness and herchildhood in New Orleans. Booker is an avid kickboxer andlives in Ponte Vedra, Florida with her three children, dogand husband.
3. PRIMARY RESEARCH CONDUCTEDRespondents’ interest in How often would you read a blog topics blog? Multiple times a day Daily Parenting Writing Weekly Teaching Kickboxing Monthly Never
4. PRIMARY RESEARCH CONDUCTEDWhat type of advertising is Do Facebook and Twitter most effective? help advertise? Television Newspaper Yes Brochures/Fly No ers Radio
5. PRIMARY RESEARCH PROPOSED• Track website hits and review the results to analyze campaign effectiveness • Conduct a second survey with the focus on the effectiveness• Research other audiences to of the type of advertising determine if My Left Hook could be broadened in topics • Conduct a focus group to to interest wider determine the next step in demographics advertising
6. STRENGTHS• Potentially appealing to a wide demographic• Style of writing is casual and personable, making connecting to her life easy• Her broad scope of interests could easily be incorporated into social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter• She upgraded her blog in 2009 to a personalized domain-- greatly increasing credibility
7. WEAKNESSES• generality of posts.• Website currently in need of a redesign.• Posts occasionally veer off onto tangents
8. SWOT OPPORTUNITIESUtilized SEO for both T H R E AT Sher name, the name ofthe blog, as wellkeywords identifying • lack of interest in herwith the main topics of hobbies and generalher blog My Left Hook lifestylewould see an increase • Foul language in posts.in hits.
9. SITUATIONAL ANALYSIS“My Left Hook” is a fresh addition to the independent blogscene. My Left Hook, approximately three yearsold, currently averages 100 page views per day. Theagency will be working with Booker to redesign all of hersocial networking sites along with her website from theground up. This will give Partners & Co. a fairly fresh slateon which to track analytics and build up readership andvisitors.
10. C A M PA I G N G O A LTo advance the image ofTricia Booker, not onlythrough her blogs andwebsite pages but in the realworld as well. Partners aimsto make her blog, “My Left TA R G E T P U B L I CHook”, more publicized soher followers can learn more • Working Mothersand Booker can improve herlifestyle to benefit herselfand the community.
11. OBJECTIVES• Continue acting on the public’s opinion• Establish Booker as a reliable source for tips for working mothers• Aid Booker in becoming reputable enough to help the community around her
12. CREATIVE DIRECTION: LOGO
13. CREATIVE DIRECTION WEBSITE ENHANCEMENT TA G L I N E • Menu options • Stock background“A mom rolling with thehooks and jabs of life.” • White text box • Visual fluidity
14. COMMUNICATION TACTICSFA CE B O O K TWITTER utilization of Change Update to updates to username Timeline increase from followers personal name
15. COMMUNICATION TACTICS: PINTEREST
16. COMMUNICATION TACTICS: BROCHURE
17. COMMUNICATION TACTICS: EVENT• Riverside Park• Noon on a Sunday • Posters/brochures• Free to the public • Facebook Event• Food, bounce houses. • Jacksonville.com events Facepainting • Blog post on MyLeftHook.com• Kickboxing “lessons” by Tricia Booker
18. EVALUATION• Website hits• Facebook “Likes”• Attendance count at Mommy • Online survey concerning and Me event advertising effectiveness• Brochure distribution • Evaluative survey at Mommy monitoring and Me event