So what have we been up to with the Toolbox… let’s take a look.
1. CRT Legal Roundtable November 22, 2011
2. The Cumberland Region of Middle Tennessee
3. Cumberland Region Tomorrow is a private, non-profit, citizen based regionalorganization working with Greater Nashville Regional Council and others inthe public and private sectors, dedicated to planning for the future livabilityand economic vitality of our ten-county region.In our work, we support and encourage growth planning, with emphasis onland use, transportation, and preservation of the rural landscape andcharacter of the region’s communities.
4. Cumberland Region Tomorrow brings people and organizations together toaddress regional challenges and opportunities we face with the future growthand development of Middle Tennessee.Our mission is to foster communication, collaboration and action as we planfor the long-term livability, economic vitality and sustainability of this placewe call home.
5. STEP 1 - Collaborative Leadership
6. Collaborative Leadership Model
7. •Nashville Chamber Partnership 2020 •ULI •AIA Middle Tennessee •TN Farm Bureau •ACEC •ASLA •TAPA •Middle TN Mayors Caucus •Nashville/Clarksville MPO •GNRC•Cumberland Region Tomorrow •MTA/RTA•Leadership Middle Tennessee •Local Governments &•Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee Planning Commissions•Land Trust for Tennessee •State Government Departments•Nashville Civic Design Center •Universities
8. Job Creation/Economic OpportunityQuality Communities/Quality of LifeWise Use of Fiscal Resources
9. Local and Regional Level
10. Cumberland Region Tomorrow Regional Visioning Project Base Case Growth Scenario
11. Cumberland Region Tomorrow Regional Visioning Project Alternative Case Growth Scenario
12. Cumberland Region Tomorrow Regional Visioning Project
13. CRT QUALITY GROWTH TOOLBOX
14. Prologue: Defining Quality Growth in the Cumberland RegionChapter 1: Reinvesting in Towns, City Centers, and CommunitiesChapter 2: Creating a Variety of Housing ChoiceChapter 3: Conserving our Region’s Land, Water, Natural, and Cultural ResourcesChapter 4: Transportation/Land Use Planning for Quality GrowthChapter 5: Guiding Infrastructure Investments for Sustainable GrowthConclusion: Ensuring our Economic Vitality through Quality Growth
15. Regional Pilots…
16. Toolbox Lead Partners
17. Regional Collaboration for Six Regional Issues… Regional Transit/Transportation Land Use and Quality Growth Other Regional Infrastructure Air and Water Quality and Quantity Open Space Conservation Economic Development and VitalityEnd Game….Keep and Enhance our Regional Economic Vitality, Livability and Sustainability…..Great Quality of Life
18. Partners and Sponsors
19. The Governor’s Jobs4TN plan contains four key strategies for makingTennessee No. 1 in the SE for high-quality jobs Strategy #2 Strategy #3 Reducing Business Regulation Investing in Innovation Strategy #4 Strategy #1 Establishing Regional Prioritizing Key Clusters “Jobs Base Camps” Ultimate Goal Tennessee Becomes No. 1 in the Southeast for High- Quality Jobs 21
20. State Level
21. Tennessee Regions’ Sustainable Communities RoundtableFocus: Connecting and Strengthening Sustainable Communities Principles andPractices at the Local Regional and State Level
22. National Level
24. Q&A Dr. Bridget Jones Executive Director O 615-986-2699 firstname.lastname@example.orgAlso visit us at www.cumberlandregiontomorrow.org for program information andsign up for our e-newsletter to stay abreast of quality growth issues in the region!