1. A place beyond imagination Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
2. Welcome to GuacamayaPlaya Guacamaya is a 2,000 acre (1,000 hectares) ocean front property in the pacific province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica.The Guacamaya ranch includes four undeveloped beaches (the largest being Playa Guacamaya and Playa Zapotal) and variedterrain of hills and valleys that create beachfront, hilltop and hillside sites.The property was acquired in 2005 and is currently free of any debt, by a private investment group that partnered withUnion Box Costa Rica for the pre-development, development, sales and marketing of the project. The project team consistsof local and foreign real estate professionals.Guacamaya’s unique natural elements are recognized as an amenity instrumental to the Project’s success. Therefore, GMC iscommitted to a low density development that preserves the landscape and wildlife, in a resort experience encouragingresidents and visitors to explore and experience the property.Real estate sales in the country are increasing annually, demonstrating strong investment potential.Guacamaya will be a world-class destination resort located on Costa Rica’s desirable Pacific Gold Coast.The project has access from two international airports. A 30-minute drive from Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airportin Liberia, or a 30 minute local flight from Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose, Costa Rica’s Capital.Guacamaya’s strengths, exceptional property and diverse amenities, will distinguish it as a world-class destination resort.The property has a variety of experiences, from the titled beachfront homes to the estate lots with panoramic water viewsfrom 650 feet. Recognizing the exceptional landscape, the Project vision is committed to preservation of the landscape and thewildlife through a low-density development.
3. About Costa RicaLocated in Central America, Costa Rica is a prime destination forNorth and South Americans and Europeans, including thoseseeking second homes or retirement alternatives. Offering avariety of geographical diversity such as exotic flush rainforests, towering volcanoes, and exquisite beaches, the countryis no bigger than the State of West Virgina, making its wonderseasily accessible from any region within its borders.Costa Rica is a peaceful democratic country with a stablegovernment. The “Ticos” do not have an army and devote theirgovernment funds to education and environmental efforts. Theireducation system is ranked 40th in the world for its quality1.The Costa Rican population has a literacy rate of 96%,2 and although the official language is Spanish, English is widely spoken.Geographically, Costa Rica consists of volcanic mountains that separate its coastal plains, and possesses the greatest plant and wildlife speciesin the world.1. World Bank’s Worldwide Governance Indicators 1996-2006 report.2. 2006 Human Development Report. Facts Official Name: Republic of Costa Rica. Capital: San Jose. Location: Central America, bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, between Nicaragua and Panama. Government Type: Democratic republic. President: Dr. Oscar Arias Sanchez. Population: 4,133,884 ( July 2007 estimate). Population growth rate: 1.41% (2007 est.). Area: 19,730 square miles, slightly smaller than West Virginia. Coastline: 802 miles. Languages: Spanish (official), English. Literacy: Literacy: Total population: 95%. GDP Per Capita (PPP): $12,500 (2006 estimate). Currency: Costa Rican colon (CRC).Source: The World Fact Book, Economist Intelligence Unit, República de Costa Rica.
4. Statistics posted by ICT state that the number of annual international visitors has grown at a compounded annual rate of over 11% inthe past five years.4The increase in tourism has boosted the country’s economy, and created an urgent need for increases in the service industry, thuscreating new jobs and raising the income and standard of living of the local communities.Most of the professionals in Costa Rica’s labor force, foreign and local, live in the San José area and work throughout the country.The majority of the goverment agency headquarters are located in San José, reason for which it is still the developmentand legal center of the country , however the rapid tourist development in Guanacaste has demanded a shift in operations away forSan Jose, with many of the major legal, and goverment agencies opening offices aling the Pacific Coast. The Capital city’s residentialarea has expanded largely over the past five years in order to accommodate the growing population with much neededresidential inventory.Costa Rica represents the most transparent real estate market in Central America, the fifth in Latin America and 45th globally.The country is also ranked highest in Latin America for politicalstability due to political initiatives that have transpired into thereal estate sector.5 TRAVELERS TO COSTA RICAAnother advantage of developing in Costa Rica is theirNational Public Registry. The registry’s system protects investorsfrom hidden claims, and provides clear and understandable titlesfor real estate properties. Thanks to their National Registry System,Costa Rica has been ranked by the World Bank as fifth in propertyregistration in all of Latin America and the Caribbean.The combination of the mentioned factors makes Costa Rica anideal place to invest, live or own a second home. 4.Costa Rican Tourism Board 5.World Bank’s Worldwide Governance Indicators 1996-2006 report
5. GuacamayaGuacamaya is a place where the Pacific Ocean meets one ofthe most diverse natural environments in the world. With over2,000 acres along 7 miles of the Guanacaste coastline, Guacamayasits in one of the most western points along the North Pacificcoast of Costa Rica. To the north lies the pristine lands of theSanta Rosa National Park, and to the south, the endless beachesand cliffs of the Nicoya Peninsula. To the west, theviews of the Catalina Islands and beautiful long sunsets.Guacamaya is an incredible collection of year-round green valleys,soaring cliffs, pristine half-moon beaches and rolling hills. Thisis where the sportsman and nature lover come to find their slice of heaven on earth!
6. Guacamaya Project Description- The property consists of two hotels, one anchor hotel a Ritz-Carton Reserve with approximately 120 villas and associated for-sale condominiums and branded residential with another boutique hotel destined for Playa Celeste.- A Reese Jones championship 18 hole golf course.- Golf Residential homes, many with long water views.- Equestrian center.- Retail village.- The Guacamaya Beach Village, a beachfront residential development with over 71 titled beach front and walking distance to the beach.- The Hilltop estates consist of over 65 estate homes with panoramic water views atop Guacamaya hill.- State-of-the-art Marina, 175 slips with mega yacht accomodations and services, a private yacht club, restaurant and salt water pool.- The overall project has approximately 1,500 for-sale residential estates condominiums, villas and lots, and is accompanied by over 20 miles of nature and sports trails.
7. Guacamaya Overall Master Plan
8. Guacamaya Beach Canopy Drive Equestrian Center Reese Jones Championship Golf Course Marina at Playa Celeste Ritz-Carlton Reserve
9. Guacamaya Project Phases First Phase Second Phase Third PhaseConsists of Construction of all public infrastructure, construction of the ritz-carlotn reserve, reese joneschampionship golf course and hilltop estates.Consists of Guacamaya’s beach village reserve residnetial village, and the marina.Consists of the Golf Course Villas, equestarian center, second boutique hotel at playa celeste andassocaited residential.
16. Guacamaya Permits Summary forEnviromental Impact Study and Viability Resolution: Described below in PhasePhase 1:Field cleaning, land works, streets construction, placement of pipeline, placement of electricity posts, telephone, sidewalks, etc.Phases 2 & 3:Building’s construction and operation of Hill side villages, Beach Village, The Plantation, Hilltop and Resort.The number of buildings for each residential section are:Beach Village 70 houses, Hillside village 115 houses, The Plantation 130 houses, Hilltop 270 houses and Resort consist of a mainbuilding, two club houses, villages, bars, swimming pools and restaurants.Desalinization permit.Model of desalinization plant is GE-SWRO-200C.The desalinization plant has an estimated production of 2200 cubic meters per day.It desalinizes by reverse osmosis and energetic recovery.Principal advantages:• Utilization of the most abundant water source in the world.• Reduces pressure on the scarce resources.• Main availability of water potable for local communities, without increasing the price of consumption.Environmental viability for water wells.Water extraction of wells PG-12, PG-13 and one hand dug well. The approved water extraction is: PG-12, 2,7 liters per second; PG-136,3 liters per second; hand dug well, 5,0 liters per second.Tree cutting permit.The tree cutting permit is for 1292 individuals located in the Beach village and along the existing roads known as Back of House andHillTop. The trees that are going to be cut have no commercial value.Tents and Sales office.Construction of a house, warehouse and swimming pool. The total area consist of 542 square meters for the house, 200 square meters for the warehouse and 35 square meters for the swimming pool.Tourist Dock Permit.Provisional tourist dock, 149 meters long of wood over pilots, that provides service for little ships and boats. It provides access toGuacamaya by the ocean.