3. The Ponte Vecchio is a
medieval bridge over the Arno
River. Actually, it’s much more
than a bridge – it’s a street, a
marketplace, and a landmark
of Florence, Italy.
Was built in 1445 by Taddeo
Ponte Vecchio at night. Photo:
4. Chengyang Bridge. Photo: mazakii that genius
5. The wind and rain bridges were a
type of bridge built by the Dong
Was built in 1905
Tomado de: http://scenery.cultural-
1/12/09. 9:07 pm.
6. Brooklyn Bridge. Photo: Dennis Gerbeckx
7. In 1855, engineer John Roebling
started to design a bridge that at
the time would be the longest
suspension bridge in the world.
Was built in 1872
Brooklyn Bridge at sunrise. Photo:
8. Tower Bridge at twilight. Photo: Diliff
9. It’s funny to think about ancient
traffic jams, but that was why the
Tower Bridge in London, England
Construction of the Tower Bridge
started in 1886, led by architect
Sir Horace Jones and engineer Sir
John Wolfe Barry
Tower Bridge at night.
Photo: Andreas L
10. Tower Bridge at twilight. Photo: Diliff
11. The Golden Gate Bridge is such an
iconic symbol of San .
In 1916, the idea of a bridge to cross
the Golden Gate, a narrow strait that
separated San Francisco Peninsula
and the Marin Headlands, was
conceived. By Joseph Strauss
Golden Gate Bridge at night.