2. Please fill out the swimming form so that we are aware of the swimming ability of the travellers, the group will be around water for most of the trip so this is for our planning and management of the group.
3. We will have a pack of Supplies as extras but you should take extras for your self, Gastrolyte, Malaria, Insect repellent Injections … MMR plus Yellow fever Water at the lodge is Purified so don’t worry about getting water purifier bottles and you can buy bottled water in the cities Malaria Pills – look and shop around there are many options. Get hold of a mosquito nets , get a good insect repellent with high % of DEET.
4. I will send all passports to the travel agent tomorrow so we can issue the tickets. If you have renewed your passport please send me the new version Teachers will look after their group’s passports once we get off the plane. No Duty free to be bought when leaving NZ unless your group leader gives the ok. Eg ipod, camera Please make sure you are able to travel to Brazil and Chile on the passport you hold. NZ passports are allowed 90 days in both countries.
5. Sunday 30th September 4:10pm Depart Auckland on Lan Chile flight LA800 6:20pm Arrive Rio De Janiero Transfer to Accomodation Monday 1st October Full Day tour of Rio De Janiero including Christ the redeemer and Sugarloaf mountain, the beaches and historical sights of rio Tuesday 2nd October 12:02pm Depart Rio for Manaus on Tam Airlines flight JJ3766 Arrive Manaus at 4:03pm Transfer to Malocas Jungle lodge for the Amazon Experience including one night sleeping in the jungle in hammocks and one night overnight on the River Monday 8th October Transfer to Manaus for One night stay in Hostel Manaus Tuesday 9th October 6:50am Depart Manaus for Sao Paulo on TAM flight JJ3747 arrive 10:30am 6:05pm Depart Sao Paulo for Santiago on LAN Chile flight LA753 arrive 10:20pm Transfer to accommodation Wednesday 10th October Full Day tour of Santiago Including the Cable car and historic sites. Thursday 11th October 11:20 pm Depart Santiago for Auckland on LAN Chile flight LA801 Saturday 13th October 4:30am Arrive Auckland International Airport Flight LA801
6. All booked and deposits paid for They are The RQ central Suites - LINK The Lancaster Othon Travel - LINK Manaus Hostel - LINK Malocas Ecolodge - LINK
7. Most places you go will take US dollars or you can simply take money out at the airport when you arrive. You may wish to by some brazilian Reals or Chilean Peso. The students need to pay for meals (Dinner and Lunch) during our city stays but I may be able to subside this, more info to come once final costs are known. We are still working on $5150 as the final cost.