1. Crisette Arcilla MCVP for Communications AIESEC in the Philippines, 2010 - 2011 INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
2. DID YOU KNOW THAT
3. The number of text messages sent and received every day exceeds the population of the planet
4. One important reason for Barack Obama's success in the U.S. elections was the innovative use of social media such as Facebook, blogs and online donations in his campaign
5. In 2005, one out of eight couples in the U.S. met online
6. At any given moment, you can reach more than 40,000 AIESEC members plus over 40,000 alumni worldwide through MyAIESEC.net with a single message - both to reach all of them at once or target very specific subgroups based on roles, interests, committees, background and much more.
7. Four out of five AIESECers surveyed worldwide use instant messaging , more than half of them use internet voice calling and three quarters of them use social networking sites
8. DETERMINE THE PROBLEM: <ul><li>How many times did you need to communicate in order to achieve what you wanted, how many times have you been successful, how many times not? </li></ul>
10. <ul><li>be connected to your AIESEC experience by encouraging & helping you improve your communication </li></ul>
12. <ul><li>1. Draw attention to the essential role that internal communication plays in achieving our AIESEC vision </li></ul><ul><li>2. Start conversations and action to improve our internal communication and especially virtual communication in AIESEC network </li></ul>SOLUTION
14. Communication: The EXCHANGE and FLOW of information and ideas from one person to another.
16. CONCEPT <ul><li>WHAT IS INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS? </li></ul><ul><li>all communication </li></ul><ul><li>listening, speaking, asking questions - </li></ul><ul><li>going on inside of AIESEC </li></ul>
17. CONCEPT It includes all formal communication , such as newsletters, meetings, speeches, documents, but also all casual communication , including gossip, small-talk, pleasantries and similar. Direct vs. Indirect One on one One person with a group Two-way vs. one-way
18. CONCEPT <ul><li>WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? </li></ul>Is the fundamental process with which we interact with everybody else in our organization and build our working and personal relationships
19. USE OF COMM PROCESS IN AIESEC
20. <ul><li>Motivating and encouraging others to act! </li></ul>
21. <ul><li>(2) </li></ul><ul><li>Teaching, Learning and Giving Feedback </li></ul>
22. <ul><li>(3) </li></ul><ul><li>Developing and committing shared plans </li></ul>
23. <ul><li>(4) </li></ul><ul><li>Teaching learning and Giving Feedback </li></ul>
24. <ul><li>(5) </li></ul><ul><li>Recognizing success and achievements </li></ul>
25. OUTCOME of GOOD COMM <ul><li>a cohesive culture </li></ul><ul><li>everybody is focused on the same goals </li></ul><ul><li>with all members supporting each other in </li></ul><ul><li> achieving these goals. </li></ul><ul><li>creates a culture where members love participating </li></ul><ul><li>in AIESEC because of a sense of: </li></ul><ul><li>ACHIEVEMENT, LEARNING, FUN, </li></ul><ul><li>RECOGNITION, HIGH QUALITY RELATIONSHIPS </li></ul>
26. <ul><li>PLAN/ STRATEGY </li></ul>
27. GOAL and OBJECTIVES What are you trying to do and why? Goal: what is your overarching goal for your internal comm plan? Objective: the specific and measurable comm objectives that build toward your goal
28. TARGET AUDIENCE who do you need to engage with to achieve your objectives?
29. KEY MESSAGES What do you want them to think/feel/do?
30. CHANNELS/ TOOLS/ TACTICS Which are the most effective ways to reach your target audience? How are you going to interact with them? channel/tool: medium tactic: the manner which you use the tool
31. TIMELINE When are you going to communicate with them? realistic timeline for implementation, execution, review and evaluation
32. IMPLEMENTATION PLAN How much will it cost? How will you know if you’ve succeeded?
33. CHANNELS/ TOOLS/ TACTICS Which are the most effective ways to reach your target audience? How are you going to interact with them? channel/tool: medium tactic: the manner which you use the tool
35. EMAIL Fast, but not instant communication targeted at an internal or external audience of one person or a small group, where public archives of to the communication are not needed.
36. CLASSIFIEDS (myAIESEC.net) To raise attention to opportunities within the AIESEC network targeted at a wide internal audience with an interest in specific types of opportunities.
37. NEWS (myAIESEC.net) To keep all AIESECers and alumni updated about important current events happening within a LC, country, GN or globally.
38. WIKIS (myAIESEC.net) To provide in-depth and long-term information about a topic, to organize collections of links & resources and create spaces for online collaboration targeted at AIESECers and alumni interested in specific topics.
39. FORUMS (myAIESEC.net) To host longer-time in-depth conversations between groups of AIESECers and alumni interested in a specific topic and to organize public archives of announcements and discussions around specific topics for knowledge management.
40. My AIESEC.net messaging (networking, grouping, themes) To contact specific AIESECers and alumni directly by name, role, team/group membership, interest, background, and any other part of their profile.
41. INSTANT MESSAGING (myAIESEC.net) To run virtual meetings and short, time-critical conversations using voice, video or text messages involving two people or a very small group, suitable for internal and external audiences.
42. GOOGLE GROUPS To manage a high volume of e-mail based communication for a clearly defined, closed group or team, can target internal and external audiences.
43. FACBEOOK GROUPS Facebook now has private groups that provide us with a quick way to update each other, give feedback and approval to ideas, files and photos and have short group discussions and input through comments and threads.