Imagine Cup is an exciting competition that will engage you in a team-spirited learning experience that literally can change your live – and the lives of others.
1. Changing the world Ed Donahue Academic Developer Evangelist firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.creepyed.com @creepyed
2. Ed DonahueSalsa dancerLight joggerCasual cyclistSwimmerTriathlete (for thosecounting)Computer science majorLover of monospacedfontsSupporter of womenin techMicrosoft AcademicDeveloper Evangelist email@example.com | www.creepyed.com | @creepyed
3. Quick info• Get these slides: http://slidesha.re/IC_CWIC• Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org• Follow me: @creepyed• Read me: www.creepyed.com
4. Think Global.Start Local.Be a part of the world’s premierstudent technology competition.
5. Challenges• Kinect Fun Labs Challenge• Windows Azure Challenge• Windows Phone Challenge
6. Kinect Fun Labs Challenge• Go beyond games. Build a prototype using NUI to change how we interact with technology.• Each team advancing to Round 2 will receive a Kinect Sensor!• The top three winning teams after Round 2 will go to Sydney! Oh, and a cash prize!• Project plan deadline: March 6th
7. Windows Azure Challenge• Get started on the next big thing! Building a web app on the Azure platform that helps solve the world’s toughest problems.• Each team advancing to Round 2 gets a 180-day Azure Pass.• The top three winning teams after Round 2 will go to Sydney! Oh, and a cash prize!• Application summary & SketchFlow prototype deadline: March 13th
8. Windows Phone Challenge• Take your ideas mobile! Create a phone app that helps make the world a better place.• List your app in the Marketplace to start making a difference• The top three winning teams after Round 2 will go to Sydney! Oh, and a cash prize!• Application summary & SketchFlow prototype deadline: March 13th
9. Why Compete?
10. Why Compete?1. Fame & fortune 2. Do something good for the world 3. It’s a great experience! 4. Build your resume