This is the eec/DMEF Nonprofit Project Kickoff presentation from July 14, 2009 for team members and anyone else who would like to support the project or the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation
This is the eec/DMEF Nonprofit Project Kickoff presentation from July 14, 2009 for team members and anyone else who would like to support the project or the Direct Marketing Educational Foundation (DMEF).
1. The eec/DMEF Nonprofit Project
July 14, 2009 Kickoff
– Jeanniey Mullen & Ali Swerdlow, eec
• 2009 – 2010 Team Introductions & Charter
– Erick Mott
• Overview: Direct Marketing Educational Foundation
– Terri Bartlett, President of DMEF
• Next Steps
– Erick Mott
• Thank you for volunteering!
• The eec has a successful history of nonprofit results:
– Andre Agassi Foundation, 2008 – 2009
– Women’s Bean Project, 2007 – 2008
– Ryan Andrew Kaiser Memorial Foundation, 2006 – 2007
• More information:
4. 2009 – 2010 Team
• Project Chair:
– Erick Mott, Lyris
• Project Leaders:
– Lana McGilvray – Datran
– Stephanie Miller – Return Path
– Quincin Chan – Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
– Tim Chase & Brooke Rose – Goodmail Systems
– Scott Ellis – Rocketseed
– Jocelyn Harmon – Triplex Interactive
– Diksha Dua – OgilvyOne
5. Team Charter
I. Help the DMEF achieve key goals with email
marketing strategy and execution at the core.
II. Give back to the community with expertise and
III. Learn and share knowledge along the way.
IV. Network and have fun!
6. Introducing Terri Bartlett
President of DMEF
More about Terri…
7. DMEF Strategic Plan: Overview
In 2007 the DMEF introduced a dynamic Strategic
Plan designed to powerfully establish the
Foundation as the go-to source for education,
research, career development resources and
placement of workplace-ready, talent entering the
direct/interactive marketing field among key
constituents in the coming year(s).
CONNECT … DEVELOP … EXCEL!
8. DMEF Statements
Mission: To attract, educate and place top college students in the business
of direct / interactive marketing.
Position Statement: The DMEF is the go-to source for education, research,
career development resources and placement of workplace-ready, entry
level talent in the direct/interactive marketing field.
Vision: Direct / interactive marketing is recognized as one of the top five
career paths for the best and brightest undergraduate and graduate
9. DMEF Objectives
• To establish the DMEF as the go-to source on direct / interactive marketing
education at the college and university level, galvanizing key audiences to
contribute the most innovative resources in support of DMEF’s programs and
• To increase recognition by educators and industry professionals of the value
and need for top-notch education programs in direct / interactive marketing at
the college level.
• To promote greater understanding and appreciation of direct / interactive
marketing, bringing excitement of this business to the classroom.
• To stimulate leading-edge academic research in direct / interactive marketing.
• To attract exceptional entry-level talent to direct / interactive marketing which
leads students to choose direct as their career path.
• To be recognized by students and companies in the field as the source of
world-class, entry-level talent in direct / interactive marketing by offering
unique placement opportunities to serve both parties.
10. DMEF’S Key Constituent Groups
Strategic approach to deliver on mission:
Generate Buzz about
Careers in D/IM and
Identify and Place Cutting-edge Resources
Market-Ready for Research
Talent and Teaching
11. DMEF Branding Message
12. DMEF’s Monthly E-Newsletter
13. E-Update: Sample Analysis
Creative Message Delivered Messag Opened Any Click Unique
Submitted Opened (Unique) (Unique) Click %
January DMEF E-Update 17193 16899 2434 14.403219 133 0.788242
February DMEF E-Update 17237 16887 2577 15.260259 132 0.782732
March DMEF E-Update 18757 18465 3184 17.24343 142 0.770107
April DMEF E-Update 18483 17974 2157 12.000668 69 0.384423
May DMEF E-Update 17643 17239 1867 10.582101 1438 8.353666
E-Updates from May 09 forward also have Google Analytics tracking.
16. Social Media: DMEF Presence
DMEF presence only /
17. DMEF Project Concept: 2009 - 2010
• DMEF Scholarship Drive:
– Establish the direct/interactive marketing community as a generous,
innovative community committed to supporting students at the college and
university levels, with DMEF as the vehicle to deliver scholarships to worthy
– A target scholarship fund drive - (amount and time frame to be determined);
establish percentage of funds to be awarded in 2010 and 2011
• Target Audience:
– Corporations: donors to support scholarship fund
– Students: attract attention of top college students interested in
18. Next Steps…
19. eec Team
• Review materials and DMEF site
• Evangelize project in and via your organization
• Next eec Team Meeting (TBD based on availability):
• Agree on project goals and metrics
• Define team roles and responsibilities
• Discuss requirements to achieve goals
• Determine required resources and tools
• Team Collaboration Site