Learn search engine optimisation
by The Creative Collective on May 15, 2012
- 372 views
Many businesses think that once they have a website up and running, all they have to do is sit back and wait for the business to roll in. In reality, once a website is live, that's when the real work ...
Many businesses think that once they have a website up and running, all they have to do is sit back and wait for the business to roll in. In reality, once a website is live, that's when the real work should begin!
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a detailed and involved process requiring both on-page and off-page tactics to increase the online visibility of your website.
It is very important for potential clients to be able to find you when they search words online which relate to what your business offers. It also helps existing customers to quickly and easily locate you online, even if they don't know your web address.
If people cannot find your website you could be giving away leads and sales to your competitors every day.
These slides were prepared by The Creative Collective on behalf of the Queensland Government to deliver a one hour basic level one hour webinar on search engine optimization. Check them out and learn:
• what is search engine optimisation?
• how to find out how your website is currently ranked and for what key words
• how to find out how your competitors are ranked and for what words
• the ideal number of keywords and key phrases to target for different search engines
• how to conduct keyword research
• how to select keywords and craft together effective meta data combinations
• suggested off page SEO tactics
• other factors which contribute to the optimisation of a website
• tips when engaging an SEO contractor
• how soon you should expect to see results
• plus much more
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views