1. Websites and Blogs?
We already do that, so why are we having this
2. Show me the Data.
• 32 Faculty Members
So then why.....?
3. ...are there....?
• 5 faculty members not
even listed at all
• 4 have nothing linked
to their names
• 1 noWOISDemployed
• 24 out of 32 are linked
to the internet through
websites or blogs
WOW ? !
4. 24 out of 32? Let’s run with that.
From our Staff Directory:
• 18 of the faculty names are
connected to Websites
• 6 names are connected to
• 13 out of 24 names appear
on Google Searches
3 of the 18 websites are duplicates. Should we
As a parent seeking information, would you?
5. That’s great! So what’s the problem?
• Some users have not logged in
• Upcoming events? Easter Parties?
• Still have last year’s students
pictured as this year’s class
• 12 Broken links
• 31 blank pages are linked directly
to teachers’ websites
So what IS the real problem?
*time *training *our nature *stage of development *glitches
6. Examples of Website
Glitches on our Sites
7. • Move to a Blog - FAST
• Make your website static and
link to your blog on an
additional page or on a blogroll
• Update your website - check
your links. If you aren’t going to
develop the pages, delete the
• If you have a blog, add widgets.
Go global. Use it as a teaching
tool, not just as a journal.
Blogging can much more than
• ASK Questions! Sign up for help.
8. • Keystrokes
• C-O Connections
• Mrs. Barlow’s Class
• Mrs. Belcher’s Class Blog
• Mrs. Corbell’s Classroom Blog
• Music Notes
• Mrs. Richeson’s Classroom
• Mrs. Saccoccio’s Class Blog
• Koonce’s Korner
• Don’t Get Testy
9. All of this sends a message to our parents, our community,
our world. What message is your website or blog sending?
What message do YOU want to send?
10. The message that we should all want to
send is that even though we are teachers,
we are all learners.
11. Our goal is to create a community of life-long
learners in our students.
• We create learning opportunities
for the purpose of making
• We create connections to
• We work to improve
communication to enable
• When we can successfully
collaborate, only then can we
improvements, . . .
This is a Community, a Global Community. This relationship
building gives authentic meaning and purpose to learning.
There is your MOTIVATION.
12. Before you know it, you will be up and
out the door!
13. Pam’s Group Nina’s Group
Barlow Busha Babb Gatlin Sharp
Belcher Corbell Barton Hoyt Smith
Benson, K. Jenkins Breeden Lakin Stolle
Benson, L. Kimbley Crossland Noll