2. Texas Assessment Texas Assessment of of Knowledge Knowledge and Skills and Skills TAKS & FORM1 Accommodated Texas Assessment Texas English of Language Proﬁciency Knowledge Assessment and Skills System Modiﬁed(No Alternate this Year)
3. Please Note:This trainingdoes not take the place of reading the appropriate manuals.
4. Test Administrator Sign-In Sheet Responsibilities(Pages vi and 12) Read the Manual ThoroughlyTrain in Test Security and TestProcedures General OathNon-certiﬁed administrators areassigned to nearby teacherSpeciﬁc Subjects Training Cell Phone Oral Administration Page 67 Oath(s) Page 68 Deaf Administration Page 103 Dyslexic Bundles (FORM 1)Page 70 TAKS Manual Large Print Page 96 Receipt
5. Posted on Ofﬁce Window (Page v)
6. Make-up TestingCould give 2 tests on 1day or even SaturdayMust be made-up by theend of the testing week.Student must be“absent”on test day.No Writing -No Science -No 5th Retest Make-ups
7. TAKS and TAKS-A are both the same answer document. TAKS-M and TAKS-A require more than one document. TAKS-A does not have ﬁeld questions.Students will not use all thebubbles on the answerdocument except for: Writing 4th Reading Retests 5th Math Retests 5th
8. TEA’s 14-Point Plan5 pertain to cheatingTEA unannounced visits (Test Monitor Form)Seating Charts required (Extra for moved students pg. 69)Small group/linking test administrators required -GoogleDocOaths, seating charts, test materials maintained for 5 yearsMonitoring forms - bathroom/hallway/breaks/SOIRequired policies and procedures - Our Red BookParticipation in online training modules required http://tinyurl.com/6e6c963
9. Compliance with guidelinesStrict accordance with instructionsMay not view, reveal, or discuss contents/answerdocuments before, during, or after administrationMay not write notes, calculations, or marks in any locationStudent may break seal only during subject-area test sessionMay not answer verbally or nonverbally any question relating tocontents on a test before, during, or after a test administrationMay not review or discuss student responses during or after testIf test booklet needs to be examined, permission must be obtainedfrom TEA before the test booklet is opened.May not tell a student to slow down or speed up*May not write a student’s name on a booklet
10. Tes tingBe fore Cover or remove bulletin boards or instructional displays. Uncover Door Windows. Leave doors Open. Post - “Testing-Do not Disturb” Complete seating chart with ﬁrst and last names Account for all test materials - count & initial Verify accuracy of Student information Verify Testing requirements and Accommodations for Special Populations
11. Duri ng T estinInsure students have correct Test Form g Actively Monitor - Do NOT sit at your desk. Reinforcing, reviewing for, and/or distributing testing strategies during an assessment is strictly prohibited Students are to remain seated until all tests are collected. Test administrators should remind students to record their responses. Only students are allowed to erase their stray marks or darken answer-choice circles, and only during the scheduled test session.
12. Test I rregu laritie sAny person who violates, assists, or solicits another to violate,and any person who fails to report such a violation, may becriminally prosecuted.A special ed student receives an unapproved or undocumentedaccommodation or was not provided a prescribed accommodation.Wrong test is administered. Improper handling of secure materialsTest administrator fails to monitor students at all times. Did not verify that student ﬁlled in his or her responses on answer document
13. ulari ties st Irreg TeStudent allowed to carry test or answerdocumentTest Administrator failed to read aloud the bolded,scripted test directions verbatimTest Administrator failed to remove or cover all instructionaldisplays in the testing room.Test personnel viewed a test before, during, or after anassessment.Test personnel either formally or informally scored a studenttest.Any tampering with student responses
14. Active monitoring means that test administrators areactively engaged while students are working on the test. The test administrator is moving around the room so that they can be aware of each student’s actions. The test administrator is not reading, grading papers, or doing any other activity other than watching students.
15. After their test materials have been collected, students may be allowed to After quietly read books Test administrator must reviewTesting the completed answer document to be sure the student has recorded answers as instructed. Test administrator should arrange test booklets in sequential order with the highest number on top of the stack. Place answer documents in alphabetical order. IMMEDIATELY return tests when students ﬁnish. Return seating chart along with tests Sign any additional parts of your oath.
17. Signed the Signed the Sign-In General Sheet? TAKS Oath? Signed the Signed that you Cell Phone Received your Oath? General TAKS Manual?Remember your entire class will Remember these must be sign one on the day of testing. returned in May.