1. Q4) How did you use new mediatechnologies in the construction andresearch, planning and evaluation stages?
2. Construction• For the picture edit of my film, I used Final Cut Pro. We used it lastyear to edit our AS film so we felt more comfortable editing on it.As we had used it before, we didn’t come up against too manyobstacles when it came to technical issues. However, because ourfilm had such a strict structure, we struggled to be that creativewhen it came to the order of our scenes.• Furthermore, the organisation of our footage became extremelycomplicated as we had hours of footage for only a five minute film.Instead of the footage to film ratio being 25:1, it was probably35/50:1.This means that for every 35/50 minutes of footage we had,one of those minutes would make it into our film.This is one of thereasons that Editing on Final Cut Pro took longer then anticipated.
3. Final Cut Pro
4. Construction• For the Sound Edit, we used Soundtrack Pro, this is an AppleSoftware that connects very well with Final Cut Pro which isextremely useful when it came to placing our film intoSoundtrack Pro.This is where we were able to place soundeffects into the film to increase the impact of the film.• For example, in the scene when Roger hits the Zombie onthe head with theTri-pod, we added in the FX sound of asmash which increases the sound of the hit and makes itmore realistic.
5. Soundtrack Pro
6. Construction• Lastly, for some additional effects, we usedAdobe After Effects.The main effect that we needed to placeover the footage was snow.This is because on the day thatwe filmed, it was snowing.This means that some of ourfootage has heavy snow falling down and then some of theother footage has absolutely none.We needed to purchaseand then download a special Plug-in to create this snoweffect and then place it over certain clips from our film.• This was very important for us to create continuity.We alsoused After Effects to make the sky look more red.This is tomake the sky look blood coloured.This is because a Horrorfilm is usually based around the colour Red as it connotesBlood.
7. Adobe After Effects
8. Research• For research, we mainly used the Internet. However,we did also use Books from the BFI archive andMagazine Articles.• The main Websites we used were IMDB,Empire Online, WikiPedia, Youtube, Blogger andPearltrees.These really allowed us to gather a lot ofimportant and useful research and informational inwhich we could use to better our own film.
10. Empire Online
15. Research• We also watched many Zombie Short films onlinealong with a couple of Zombie Feature films.Tofind these feature films, we used Netflix as it has“Zombie” as a listed Genre.
17. Planning• For planning, we mainly used CeltX as it is a free downloadoff the internet and it allowed us to write the script,organise shooting days and a character list.This was an opensource software which means that the user can alter orimprove the software.• Due to our film having such a large cast and so manycomplex scenes to film. Planning was key to having successfulshooting days and getting all of the footage that was needed.
18. CeltX - Script
19. Script - Shooting Days
20. CeltX - Character List
21. Planning• We also created our own blogs on Blogger to show thisplanning and also to show how our research has developedover time.• The blogs can be found at:• www10222a2gabrieltoumazis.blogspot.com• www.10222a2ben.blogspot.com• www.10222a2tomtom.blogspot.com
22. My Blog
23. Evaluation• As there are three of us in the group, and there are fourquestions.We discussed that we should do one questioneach on different softwares and then, as a group, film thethree of us answering the questions as a film.• Question one was made using a Prezi.This is an onlinewebsite in which we created an interactive presentation.
25. Evaluation• Question two is the question that wewill answer with a group video.We willall prepare an answer and some talkingpoints and then film us all talking aboutthem.We edited this video using iMovieas it was a quicker process as we didn’thave to keep rendering the footage andit was easier to export.
27. Evaluation• Question three was answered as aBlog Post.This blog post featuresaudience feedback videos, stills fromthe film and other importantinformation.
28. Q3 - Blog Post
29. Evaluation• Question four(this question) wasanswered using Keynote.This is avery simple software to use.However, it produces a veryprofessional presentation. It alsoallowed me to link certain pages toimages(screen-shots).