So Why Not Online?
Leverage the Speed and Reach of the Internet
The World is Changing
… and the internet makes it a smaller place
All your clients and prospects
are online and increasingly spending time on …
and if they are not using social media,
they are doing one thing online
So how do you convert online
connections into sales?
• CRE is about who you know, the more people you know the
more opportunities, the more opportunities, the more sales.
• Think Visibility and Credibility
• The Business Value of Social Media is the Connection.
• Search and Social Media are what is important and they’re
Discovery Engagement Relationship
The Tenant Advisor Blog Visitors: September 2009 – July 2013
Let the Internet Cold Call for You
Developing Your Personal Brand
Online and Social Media Strategy
• Becoming a Thought Leader with Content Marketing
- What and Where (Blog/Website)
- Your content should serve your audience not your company
• Expanding your Network with Social Platforms
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- Be a human not a logo
• The Hub and Spoke Model
• The Secret Sauce
Content Marketing … what is it?
Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing
relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly
defined and understood target audience - with the objective of driving
profitable customer action.
• It is non-interruption marketing. Instead of pitching your products or
services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more
• At the core of this content strategy is the belief that if we deliver
consistent, ongoing valuable information to buyers, they ultimately
reward us with their business and loyalty.
• In essence, it is communicating with our clients without selling, by
focusing your content on how you will solve the everyday pain points of
What Type of Content?
• Be a Thought Leader
• Stick to your Niche
• Latest Trends
• Client Challenges
• Market Information
• CRE & the Economy
• Highlight your Clients
• Not always CRE but Related
Where do you post Content?
• Facebook Page
Twitter isn’t as mainstream, but the business and CRE
community is rapidly adopting Twitter.
Who doesn’t have a facebook page? … so what if they are not using it for business!
Every CRE Professional should have an LinkedIn Profile,
it’s a business social network
LinkedIn: How do you stand out?
Share quality content related to your niche and not just CRE
Post updates to your newsfeed and participate in groups.
… Everyone likes photos
and you carry a camera around with you all day
What and how often you post matters
• Your content should serve your
audience not your company.
• Volume and speed trump perfection
• Purchasing decisions these days begin
with a keyword search. Will your
topic or you be found?
The Hub and Spoke Model
House your content in a central place website/blog and
distribute to your various social networks
CRE Business (B2B) Doesn’t Occur Online
The Secret Sauce
Online is another place to start a conversation ……
just like a traditional networking venue
Convert your online connections into face-to-face meetings
Meet, Connect, Repeat
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.