1. The Life of Us The Heart By: Emily Buonocore Grade 7
2. Entering the Heart <ul><li>A heart is inside everyone. It is the reason we all live. In this power point, I will guide you through it and we will learn how the heart works….. together. </li></ul>
3. Location <ul><li>Your heart is located under your rib cage in the center of your chest. </li></ul><ul><li>Many people think it is on the left side of your body but these people are so wrong. The heart is exactly in the middle but it’s tilted to the left so the blood pumps through that way. </li></ul><ul><li>So to finish up that subject, your left side of the body is bigger than the right. </li></ul>
4. The heart has four chambers. The right atrium, the right ventricle, the left atrium, and the left ventricle.
5. Details!!!! <ul><li>The openings between the chambers prevents from blood going in the wrong directions. </li></ul><ul><li>Constant contracting and relaxing of the heart forces blood into the arties. </li></ul><ul><li>After blood goes through the heart it goes into lungs. Since the blood that just went through the heart was deoxygenated blood (low in oxygen) it picks up oxygen and becomes….. oxygenated blood! </li></ul><ul><li>It goes back through the heart and goes around the body to send blood everywhere. </li></ul>
6. P r o b l e m s Now we know a lot already. We also know that the heart is the reason we all live but that doesn’t mean it can’t die . When we die it dies. There are dieses that can make it die like heart dieses. High Cholesterol is a big risk factor for heart dieses. When fats build up around the arteries there is a blood clot and blood can’t come through. The heart has nothing to pump. This can lead to a heart attack which is when heart muscles die. Also when the heart pumps out of rhythm, the heart can come to Congestive Heart Failure.