Pinterest is a powerhouse when it comes to marketing.
Here at CoSchedule, we recently added the one millionth blog post to our database. Digging through the data, we gained a better understanding of how social sharing worked on the web, and the results surprised us. Pinterest is huge! Here’s a closer look at what we found.
* Pinterest accounts for 90% of the social media shares on the web.
* 30% of Pinterest users prefer browsing the network rather than watching TV
* 60% of Pinterest users are from the United States
* 9 out of 10 Pinterest users are women
* 70% of purchasing decisions are made by women
* 41% of Pinterest users have an average household income of $50k or more (higher than any other network)
* Most Pinterest content is about food, home, and lifestyle