I would have picked a swan among the ducks but a goose is quite nice too.
Ties together Editorial, marketing, PR, SEO and social
Niche marketing – Where’s your market?Keyword research – Google Keyword Tool and Google Trendshttp://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=content%20marketing&geo=US&cmpt=qSurvey customersSocial listening toolsTopsy.comLittlebird.comGoogle AlertsGoogle Search
You don’t have to be the best writer in the world to create contentShow your expertise with what you think is interesting and worth sharing
1. Win the Internet Marketing Game
Introduction to Online Marketing – Part 2
Placer School for Adults
View this presentation online at:
2. What’s Important to
Google Search Results are all about Relevancy
Learn More at Google’s Webmaster Guidelines
PageRank – Quality of Incoming Links
Build Your Reputation Through &
3. The Secrets to Success on Google
Google will reward pages that are:
Play by the rules of the game
Linked to from good websites
4. Building Landing Pages
Landing pages = Focused, Keyword-Rich Content
Figure Out Your Landing Pages in 4 easy Steps:
1. Are There Enough Searches?
2. Are Searches Relevant to my business?
3. Are the landing pages logical?
4. Do I have time / money to build?
5. How to build a website
What do you want to do and what is your budget?
Research your keywords and your market.
Use your competitors to make your website better.
Plan ahead. Create a wireframe and list what pages your
website should have.
How much time do you have?
What do you want to say?
Tools of the Trade – Wordpress, Joomla, Dreamweaver, etc.
6. Website Organization Chart
Request sharing with Google Drive by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
7. What is my supposed to do?
Website Sales Funnel
The start of the funnel –
Visitors getting to your
The middle of the funnel –
Browse website and consider
The end of the funnel –
Call to action, shopping cart,
contact form, etc.
8. Have an Internet Presence!
Effective websites are:
Built around how people search
Easy to use
Have something to say
Competitive in the marketplace
9. Are you ready to stand out?
10. What is Content
11. Content Marketing is:
Relevant and Valuable
Informative and Interesting
Content Marketing isn’t:
12. Marketing Strategy Starts with Content
Goals of Content Marketing:
Educate and Entertain
Link Bait for SEO
Build Trust and Relationships
Generate Traffic, Leads and Sales
13. Find Your Audience, Plan Your Content
Who’s Your Audience?
Fish Where the Fish Are
Brainstorm Interesting Topics
Social Listening Tools
Google Alerts, Topsy.com, SocialMention.com
14. Make your Blog the Hub
of your Online Marketing
15. Spread the Word
Answer Questions in Forums
• Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.
16. Content Creation vs. Content Curation
17. Case Study: Findinghappiness.com
18. Goals for FindingHappiness.com
Educate and Entertain
Build Audience and Website Traffic
• Website, email, social media, SEO
Create and Share Great Content
SEO Focus Towards Top Keywords
• Finding happiness, how to be happy, etc.
19. Editorial Calendar (Oh no, it’s a spreadsheet)
20. Editorial Calendar (Oh no, still a spreadsheet)
21. Guest Blog Led to Hundreds of New Signups
22. The Big Picture
Target Your Market
23. Don’t Get
Keyword Research – Create a spreadsheet with top keywords for
Competitor Research – Who is on the top of Google and what
can they teach you.
Get Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools set up on