1. TEENS &
A planning 10 project by Katherine Gray
2. Healthy Eating
3. • You know what real food is! The foods you grew up with your
parents telling you to eat more of ( Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables,
fruits, nuts are all great examples of REAL food)
• Mentally prepare yourself for your diet change, and don't start off
to radically. Remember small changes can produce big results.
• Commit to your change! Only change your eating lifestyle if you're
“Nothing tastes as good as looking
How do I start eating healthy?
4. Breakfast: Breakfast will help you refuel after a long night's
sleep and help you start your day with energy. Skipping breakfast
is bad for your metabolism so put aside time in your day to make a
hearty and healthy meal.
• One serving of oatmeal.
• One-half cup strawberries.
• A tablespoon or two chopped nuts.
• A glass of orange juice.
A day eating healthy:
5. • A sandwich made with two slices of 100-percent whole
grain bread, two or three ounces of lean turkey breast, a
little mayonnaise or mustard, a tomato slice and lettuce.
• One-half to one cup raw baby carrots
• One can or bottle of sparkling water.
Or if you're at a restaurant you could order:
• A vegetable salad with the dressing served on the side.
• A cup of soup.
Lunch: Lunch is a meal that's often eaten on-the-go or
somewhere like work or school. Here's an example of a lunch that
would be easy to pack and take with you.
6. • One serving of baked or roasted chicken breast.
• One small baked potato with salsa or low-fat
• Large portion of steamed asparagus.
• One small 100-percent whole grain roll.
• One glass of skim milk
Dinner: Dinner is when you need to watch yourself the
most since it's easy to over-eat. Try dividing your plate into 4
quarters. 1 quarter for meat, 1 for starch and 2 for veggies.
7. Being active and staying fit goes hand in hand with eating
healthy. The expression "use it or lose it" is applicable
to your body as well, if you don't use your body your
muscles will become flabby, your heart won't work
efficiently and your joints will become stiff.
Exercising also helps prevent:
• improves stamina
• controls weight
• improves quality of life
Why is exercise important?