Learning about Nouns, Adjectives and
Verbs. YR 1
Learning about Nouns
• The nice mermaid was swimming in
• She swam and swam and swam and
swam until she bumped into a shark.
• The shark said “It’s ok I am a nice
• See me be nice.
• Tell me the [Nouns] naming words
from your story.
Learning about adjective
• Tell me some (Adjectives) words to
describe the nouns.
About the mermaid
• long hair
• golden hair
• curly hair
• rainbow coloured tail
About the sea
• Blue and clear
• A home for animals
About the shark
• Short hair
• wears a t shirt
• wears jeans
Where could these
Adjectives ﬁt to extend?
• The PRETTY mermaid with LONG,
GOLDEN, CURLY HAIR, was
swimming in the sea.
• The sea was her WET, CLEAR, BLUE
• She swam with her RAINBOW
COLOURED TAIL and she bumped into
• The shark had SHORT HAIR and was
wearing a T SHIRT and JEANS.
• He said “It’s okay, I am a nice shark,
see me be nice.
Learning about verbs
• Tell me some (verbs) doing words to
describe the same nouns as before.
Verbs about the
• Moves her tail up and down
• Sits on a rock
• Eats chips and chocolate
Verbs about the sea
• Makes waves, wavy
• Can be smooth or bumpy
Verbs about the shark
• Would like to TAKE the mermaid to
Where can these verbs ﬁt
• The pretty mermaid with long golden
curly hair, was swimming in the
• The sea was her wet, clear, blue home.
• She swam MOVING her tail UP and
DOWN until she bumped into a shark.
• The shark had short hair and was
wearing a t shirt and jeans.
• He said, “It’s okay, I am a nice shark, I
would like to take you to dinner.”
Putting the story together with pictures
and reading the extended sentences.
Then showing it to friends and family.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.