So, when I came back to Camilla, I started using wikis with my students immediately and sat down in my classroom to begin blogging. I turned to a student and said, “I have to create a blog and I have to name the thing – what should I name it?” The students sitting there said, “Well, Mrs. Vicki, you’re cool and we’re the wildcats, so, why don’t you call it the cool Cat teacher blog
And that is what I suggest for you to do today. Your assignment for this webinar today is to come up with your “Big Three” at the end of the webinar. Pick three things – start there!
1. Fantastic Tools for Schools 50+ ways to rock! http://tinyurl.com/50-tools-gisa Vicki Davis, Teacher
6. Google apps for domains (free)http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/edu/
7. Cell phone friendly email (gmail)Groups with distribution listsof parents. (i.e. I send toComputer Fundamentals andit sends to all the parents)Automatic distribution lists• Classes• teachers
8. Google Docs • Shared folders • Color codes
9. Collaborative editing in Docs• How we edit Kindle Kids corner
11. http://gadd.lib.overdrive.com/171866E5-F8A1-41B0-B638-2CC566B998B3/10/512/en/Libraries.htm Check out ebooks Kindle Audiobooks With your library card Online!
12. Class rules http://docs.google.com
13. Google Forms – A school survey
14. Goes into Spreadsheet
15. Cool Trick Copy out of spreadsheet into Wordle!Step 1: Convert Everything to lowercase by pasting into MS Word.
17. What Westwood Students own
18. Wikisource: Copy Text from Famous Speechhttp://en.wikisource.org
20. Google Calendar
21. Picasa web album, Google Calendar
22. Wikis! http://westwood.wikispaces.com
23. www.edmodo.comFree, blogging, assignments
24. Give assignments and receive responses
26. www.smugmug.comMonetize the photos your annual staff is taking. I hereby authorize the School to use photographs, videos, writings, artwork, and audio recordings of my child in school media and advertisements. I understand that I must notify the Ravenscroft Communications Office, in writing, to change this authorization. Ravenscroft School
27. Sharing the message• Automate Automate Automate!
28. Setting up to have an easy social media distribution planCreate a blog on blogger.com Use feedburner to create a feed Feedburner email (lets people sign up with a form) Take the feed into Twitterfeed Twitterfeed posts to Twitter
29. Now one post can!Blog Post Email to subscribers Tweet from the post Facebook fan page update
30. Make it easier• Go into blogger settings Mobile and Email• Make an email – now your secretary or principal can update using email.
31. www.hootsuite.comSchedule updates like lunch menus.
35. Diigo www.diigo.comBookmarking groups; Auto blog posts
36. www.igoogle.comBuilding your PLN and tracking projects
37. Netvibes.com or Pageflakes.comFor building Classroom Monitoring Portals (CMP)