On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
SYMBIAN TEAM MEMBERSInes SantosJoachim LausJuha HollantiSven HeremansThomas HoffnerThomas Wachnik
1. INTRODUCTIONSymbian’s IntroductionThe Smartphone operating system Symbian OS is produced by the softwaredevelopment and licensing company Symbian Ltd. Symbian Ltd was established in June 1998 and is headquartered in Southwarkin the UK, and the current CEO is Nigel Clifford.ResearchWe had in mind Symbian’s background, the whole history and developmentbehind this operating system, his capabilities, security, performance and so on.Hardware support and connectivity were, as well, one of our research points.The native language of the Symbian OS is C++, there for, our research willpasses through the programming languages that can be used on Symbian.
2. PLATFORMNetwork Connectivity Evolution in the various versions Symbian OS 6.0 and 6.1 (also called ER6 ): Bluetooth was added for exchanging data over short distances from fixed and mobile devices. (2002) Symbian OS 7.0 and 7.0s: This version added EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution) support and IPV6. (2003) Symbian OS 8.0: There are not great evolution has shared some API’s to support 3G.
2. PLATFORM Network Connectivity Which evolution in the various versions? Symbian OS 9.1: Change of version 1.2 for the Bluetooth has version 2.0 where the difference is the introduction of an Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) for faster data transfer. Symbian OS 9.3: The WIFI 802.11 and the HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) appear on Symbian OS. Symbian Os 9.5: This last version includes native-support for mobile digital television broadcasts in DVB-H and ISDB-T formats and also location services.
2. PLATFORM This Operating System is used inNokia’s mobiles
3. SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENTDevelopment requirements The right SDK S60 UIQ MOAP The IDE-tool of your choice
3. SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENTWhich IDE ? Carbide C++ CodeWarrior Visual C++
PROGRAMING LANGUAGES Symbian OS offers a choice of programming languages to the developer. Symbian OS is written in C++ , and this is therefore regarded as its primary programming language.
PROGRAMING LANGUAGES Java 2nd the most important programing language on Symbian OS. Others programing languages which you can use on Symbian; JavaSript, Assembler,WMLScript,C# , Visual Basic, OPL and so on…
IntroductionTEAM MEMBERSMartin Jantscher – FH JoanneumMohammed Talhaoui – Artesis Hogeschool AntwerpenDenis De Vos – Haute Ecole Provinciale de Mons-Borinage-CentreIvan Cunha – Escola Superior de Comunicação SocialArtur Roszcyk – Wyzsza Szkola InformatykiMikhail Datsyuk – Central Ostrobothnia
1. IntroductionWhat is Android?• A software platform and operating system for mobile devices• Based on the Linux kernel• Developed by Google and later the Open Handset Alliance (OHA)• Allows writing managed code in the Java language• Possibility to write applications in other languages and compiling it to ARM native code (support of Google? No)• Unveiling of the Android platform was announced on 5 November 2007 with the founding of OHA
2. PlatformOperating System(s)• Android uses Linux for its device drivers, memory management, process management, and networking.• The next level up contains the Android native libraries. They are all written in C/C++ internally, but you’ll be calling them through Java interfaces. In this layer you can find the Surface Manager, 2D and 3D graphics, Media codecs, the SQL database (SQLite), and a native web browser engine (WebKit).• Dalvik Virtual Machine. Dalvik runs dex files, which are coverted at compile time from standard class and jar files.
2. PlatformSecurityAndroid is a multi-process system, in which each application (and parts of thesystem) runs in its own process. Most security between applications and thesystem is enforced at the process level through standard Linux facilities, such asuser and group IDs that are assigned to applications.Additional finer-grained security features are provided through a "permission"mechanism that enforces restrictions on the specific operations that a particularprocess can perform, and per-URI permissions for granting ad-hoc access tospecific pieces of data.
2. PlatformFuture possibilities• Google Android Sales to Overtake iPhone in 2012• The OHA is committed to make their vision a reality: to deploy the Android platform for every mobile operator, handset manufacturers and developers to build innovative devices• Intel doesn’t want to lose ownership of the netbook market, so they need to prepare for anything, including Android• More Android devices are coming and some will push the envelope even further
2. PlatformThis Operating System is used in Samsung, Sony, Motorola and HTC mobiles.
3. Software developmentProgramming Language(s)• Java – officially supported• C/C++ – also possible but not supported
. iPhone OS(iOS) Steve RIP Jobs
IntroductionTEAM MEMBERSSteve JobsSteve WozniakRonald Wayne
IntroductioniOS (known as iPhone OS prior to June 2010) is Apples mobile operating system.Apple is company who developed iPhone Operating System (iOS).This OS is released on June 29, 2007. This OS is also used in iPad, iPhone andiPod touch. The latest mobile of Apple is iOS 4.3 Golden Master.In this mobile phone iOS 4.3 operating System is used.
2. Platform Game center Game Center is an online multiplayer social gamingnetwork released by Apple. It allows users to invite friends to playa game, start a multiplayer game through matchmaking, track theirachievements, and compare their high scores on a leader board. Game Center was announced during an iOS 4 preview eventhosted by Apple on April 8, 2010. A preview was released to registeredApple developers in August
2. Platform This operating system is used in Apple’s products such as iPhone, iPad, Pod Touch.
3. Software developmentProgramming Language(s)• Java – officially supported• C/C++ – also possible but not supported• Objective-C
4. Features 1. Home screen 2. Folders 3. Included applications 4. Multitasking 5. Switching applications 6. Jail breaking
. BlackBerry OS
1. Introduction BlackBerry OS is a proprietary mobile operating system,developed by Research In Motion for its BlackBerry line ofsmartphone handheld devices. The operating system providesmultitasking and supports specialized input devices that havebeen adopted by RIM for use in its handhelds, particularly thetrackwheel, trackball, and most recently, the trackpad and touchscreen.