4 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Marketing Strategy for 2014
4 Ways to Improve Your
Social Media Marketing Strategy
• Over the course of 2013,
we’ve seen a range of
social media trends
– The development of all-inone apps
– The rise in popularity for
single-service photo and
video sharing apps such as
Snapchat and Vine.
– The growth of Pinterest and
Instagram amongst teens
and adults alike.
• With 2014 on the horizon, how can brands
improve their social media marketing strategies
to match such trends?
1. Diversify Your Social Media Presence
• While Facebook and
Twitter still dominate the
social media scene, 2013
saw the rise in a diverse
range of single-service
social media networks.
• Vine, Instagram, Pinterest,
Snapchat, and others have
seen significant growth.
• As single-service networks
continue to dominate, it is
important for brands to
diversify their social media
presence and engage with
customers across a variety
of popular platforms.
2. Share Photo & Video Content
• Photo and video sharing
such as Vine, Instagram, and
Snapchat dominated in 2013.
• In 2013, the best way to
improve your social media
marketing strategy is to both
increase the amount of
interactive content you are
sharing across networks and
to build your presence on
photo and video-specific
• Jayson DeMers at Forbes
predicts that micro-video in
particular is here to stay,
which means that you should
focus your attention on Vine
3. Revamp Your Content Marketing Strategy
• While photo and video sharing are currently dominating the
social media scene, content marketing is still here to stay.
• Research shows that businesses that have blogs generate 67%
more leads each month than companies that do not.
• Furthermore, studies also indicate that educational content is
proving very effective when it comes to building an audience.
• This means that you need to revamp your content marketing
strategy in 2014 – make sure that you’re blogging regularly
and providing your audience with useful, engaging information
in your content.
4. Focus on Local & Mobile Advertising
• Another trend in 2013 is the massive
growth in both mobile use and mobile
• Hand-in-hand with mobile marketing
comes location based advertising.
• As mobile devices become more and
more important in the daily lives of
consumers, being able to engage with
consumers in real-time has also
become that much more important.
• Location based advertising via mobile
devices allows brands to do this.
• In 2014, re-focus your social media marketing strategy
on both local and mobile efforts to reach more
customers when they need you.
• How do you plan on revamping your social media
marketing strategy in 2014?
Content Equals Money is a content
writing service that serves a wide
variety of clients with top-shelf
shareable content. We cater to SEO
marketing agencies as well as small
business, providing content
marketing strategies applicable to
many fields. Whether you need
content for yourself or content for
your clients, Content Equals Money
is the insource Writing Service to
suit your needs!