I Love Tainan City <ul><li>Made by Yi Hua Zeng & Xiao-qing Zeng </li></ul>
Anping Fort Tainan City was also called "Imperial Castle", "Chihkan Fort" or "Anping Fort". Built in 1624 by the Dutch and completed in 1634. Its first name was "Orlande City" and later it was renamed as "Fort Zeelandia". Because Chinese people called the Dutch “the Red-hair” therefore they called this fort "Castle for the Red Hair". After World War II, it has been called "Anping Fort" until now. During the period of occupied by the Dutch, this city was the capital for the politics and economy. From Ming Dynasty to Ching Dynasty, Anping Fort was no longer important and the government demolished the bricks for other usage.
During the period of Japanese occupation, in order to build the dormitory for customers, Anping Fort had been totally destroyed. They built a square ladder-style platform at the original location. In the center of the platform, they built a western-style house. That is what we know Anping Fort now. Anping Fort
Cha-Ha-Mu Aboriginal Park and the Museum of Aboriginal Culture are around 5,223 square feet. It’s a theme culture park. Because the geographical location is close to National Anping Harbor Historic Park, that can increase its tourism value and re-modify the new style of aboriginal tribes. Cha-Ha-Mu Aboriginal Park and the Museum of Aboriginal Culture were originated from the aboriginal people - Zhou race, looking for their root and developing their aboriginal culture. Zha-Ha-Mu Aboriginal Park
There are a square for singing aboriginal songs and dancing, an aboriginal stone and a wooden sculpture, a flagstone stage and a watchtower. There is also a Kiosk-Kuba with typical aboriginal features. Every October, a ceremony is hold for the aboriginal day. Zha-Ha-Mu Aboriginal Park
Tait & Co Foreign firms were only permitted by Cing Court to operate trading companies in Canton before Opium War. It was the place that foreign trader set for their business. Tait & Co. was founded in 1867 located in Haitoushe of Anping trading opium, camphor and sugar. After Taiwan was ceded to Japan, the Japanese government took back the monopoly for opium and camphor. The foreign firms' business decreased and at meanwhile, Anping horbor was getting slit up causing many company to close except Tait & Co.
In 1911 all of the foreign firms in Anping were closed, Japanese government turned Tait & Co. to a salt company. Until the restoration of Taiwan, it changed to the office of the Tainan Salt Works. In 1979, the city government took back Tait & Co. and repaired it as the Taiwan Development Wax Museum. The office of Tait & Co. is 200 feet long and 120 feet wide. Together with the Bain & Co., Bovd & Co., Julius Mannich & Co., and Wright & Co., they were known as the top five foreign companies in Anping. Different from our traditional building, the western designed buildings of these foreign companies are the providence of the trading history for Taiwan and foreign companies. Tait & Co
Julius Mannich & Co <ul><li>Foreign firm was permitted by Cing Court that they can operate a trading company in Canton before Opium War. It was the industry that foreign trader set for their business. With the Tianjin Treaty between China-England, China-French, the Cing court opened trading ports of Mainland China including Anping and Danshuei in Taiwan to foreign ships. </li></ul><ul><li>In 1862, Dansuei first open its port.And two years later, Anping started to operate. At that time, there were 5 biggest foreign companies – the Tait & Co.,the Bain & Co., Bovd & Co., Julius Mannich & Co.and Wright & Co.. Until 1893, it was said to be the most prosperous 30 years. After Taiwan was ceded to Japen in 1895, the Japanese government took back the monopoly for opium and camphor and only left sugar to them. The foreign companies business decreased dramatically. The Julius Mannich & Co. announced its closure. </li></ul>
In 1901, Japanese government set up Tainan Hall, Anping Branch in here.And in 1920, Anping branch was dissolved and the original place became the Tainan Police Office, Anping Branch. After the restoration of Taiwan, once it was the dormitory of Salt Works.And after 1986, it was changed to the memorial hall of Anping Trading history to exhibit the relative documentation about the trading of Anping. Julius Mannich & Co
Lin Mo-Niang Park Another new landmark besides Anping Fort. Along with Fisher Dock to Lin Mo-Niang Park, one will pass through Historic Harborside Park and it takes about 10 minutes to reach there by walk. The area is about 2 hectares and open in April, 2004. The major carved statue is donated by Chi-Mei Culture Foundation. The height of the statue is 16 meters plus the base is 4 meters that it has become the new landmark of Anping. Together with Historic Harborside Park, they form a green field and attract more and more tourists coming here.
Historic Harborside Park <ul><li>This park, which is combined the location and the history as the topic, is a good place to enjoy the culture, art and water. There are an art gallery, a fort and aquatic facilities here. In 2005, the Taiwan Lantern Festival was held at the park. Because of the simple design, people can fly kites everywhere and it's also suitable for large-scale activities. Now there is a part of the Historic Harborside Park under construction. Within the next few days, it will surely become a popular spot. </li></ul>
Tainan Park <ul><li>Tainan Park covers an area of more than 10 million square feet. It is the largest metropolitan park in Taiwan. Flowers and trees are everywhere. Now there are an amphitheater, a skating rink, a library, many facilities and a concert hall. </li></ul>
Tropical Botanical Garden, which is divided into 10 zones, has been building. After finishing the construction, the park will not only get more beautiful but also attract more tourists. Tainan Park
<ul><li>Since we have so many beautiuful sights, how about coming HERE to know Tainan more? </li></ul><ul><li>Be our guest! </li></ul>