学 校 school
Chinese is cool
生词 new words
法文 fǎ wén
德文 dé wén
科学 kē xué
• How to say “English lesson” in Chinese? (英文
• To make a lesson specific, we just need put “课”
at the end of the school subjects. (e.g.: 中文课、
• Now, can you express the lessons you like and
the lessons you dislike in Chinese?
• Do you remember how to say “what” in Chinese?
• How to ask “what lessons do you
like” in Chinese?
Grammar: The use of 什么(shén me)
什么 simply means what.
什么 is a question word and is usually put at the end
of the sentence. (e.g.: 你叫什么？)
Sometimes a noun (such as
“lesson”, “book”, “person”) follows it, and this makes
the question more specific. For example:
你喜欢什么？= You like what? (The answer could be anything.)
你喜欢什么课？= You like what lesson? (The answer must be
a lesson; it’s not a question about your favourite hobby! A possible
answer might be 我喜欢英文课。= I like English.)