1. The World Records Quizby 6th Year Primary studentsat Eirís International School
2. The World Records Quizby 6th Year Primary studentsat Eirís International School
3. 1.What is the world’sbiggest plane?AirbusBoeing 900Antonove 225
4. The world’s biggest plane is: Antonove 225• Designed in the 1980’s.• It is an airlift cargo aircraft.• It weighs 187.6 tonnes• It is also known as the Mriya- which means “dream” in Ukrainian. LACHLAN MILLIGAN
5. 2.Who is the tallestliving person?Sultan KosenAnn LeifzigJohn Maynard
6. The tallest living person is: Sultan Kosen• Measures 2m 46.5cm.• Lives in Ankara, Turkey.• He was born in 1982. HUGO CARRO, SELENE LLERENA
7. 3.What is the longesttime that a person hasheld their breath?underwater?8mins. 36secs.14mins. 29secs.18mins. 33secs.
8. The longest time a person has held their breath underwater is: 18mins. 33secs• Held by Karoline Mariechen Meyer (Brazil)• On the 10th July 2009• At the Racer Academy swimming pool in Brazil. PALOMA FUENTES
9. 4. What is the mostdownloaded Ipod game?Angry BirdsBubble BallTap Tap Revenge
10. The most downloaded Ipod game is: Bubble Ball• Created by Robert Nay, when he was 14 years old.• It had more than 2 million downloads in the first few weeks. JORGE GANTES
11. 5. How tall is theworld’s tallestsandcastle?11 metres6 metres20 metres
12. The world’s tallest sandcastle measures: 11 metres• Built by Ed Jarret, USA.• In Connecticut, USA.• He beat his own record by almost 2 metres. REBECCA FREIRE
13. 6. How old is the oldestliving person?109 years old114 years old116 years old
14. The oldest living person is: 114 years old• Her name is María Gomes Valentim.• Born on 9th July 1896.• She lives in Brazil. MACARENA GARCÍA, JOSE MANUEL LÓPEZ, EVA CARCÍA
15. 7. What are the mosttennis balls to be held inone hand?131822
16. The most tennis balls to be held in one hand is: 18• Held by Francisco Peinado Toledo (Melilla).• He held 18 tennis balls in one hand for 10 seconds. CONCHITA FERNÁNDEZ
17. 8. Who was theshortest adult actor ofthe 20th & 21stDanny DeVitoPeter PocoyoNelson de la Rosa
18. The shortest adult actor was: Nelson de la Rosa• He measured 71cm.• Born in 1968, died in 2006.• From Dominican Republic.• He was the inspiration for the “Mini-me” character in the Austin Powers films. BREIDA ÁLVAREZ
19. 9. How long in total arethe longest femalefingernails in the world?8 metres 65 cm.9 metres 24 cm.10 metres 38 cm.
20. The longest female fingernails in the world measure: 8 metres 65 cm.• Held by Lee Redmond (USA)• Her longest nail is 90cm long.• She hasn’t cut her nails since 1979. EVA PENÍN
21. 10. Who is the hairiestman in the world?Mario TonLin WaveYu Zhenhuan
22. The hairiest man in the world is: Yu Zhenhuan• Hair covers 96% of his body, except the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet.• He is 26 years old.• He is from China. LUCÍA PRIETO
23. 11. How much does thebiggest burger in theworld weigh?75.75 kg.74.75 kg.100 kg.
24. The biggest burger in the world weighs: 74.75 kg.• It comes from Michigan, USA.• It costs 399 $ (277 €) ANTONIO VIDAL
25. 12. What is the highestnumber of snakessomeone has had intheir mouth?3511
26. The highest number of snakes someone has had in their mouth is: 11• Held by Jackie Bibby from Texas, USA.• He had 11 rattlesnakes in his mouth for 10 seconds in December 2008 in Germany.• He also got into a tub with 87 snakes. CARMEN GAMBÓN
27. 13. Where was thebiggest chocolate bar inthe world created?GermanySwitzerlandArmenia
28. The biggest chocolate bar in the world was created in: Armenia• It is 5.60 metres long, 2.75 metres wide and it weighs 4,410 kg.• It was made on the 10th September 2010. BLANCA SIERRA
29. 14. How tall is the tallesttree in the world?114.56 metres117.78 metres115.56 metres
30. The tallest tree in the world measures: 115.56 metres• It is a Coast Redwood tree.• It is in the Redwood National Park, California, USA. IRIA OJEA
31. 15. Who has won themost SnookerChampionships?Stephen HendryJohn HigginsSteve Davis
32. The player who has won the most Snooker Championships is: Stephen Hendry• He has won seven times.• He was the youngest ever Champion at the age of 21.• He was born in 1969 in Scotland. JAVIER GÓMEZ
33. 16. What is the highesttotal number of fingersand toes that oneperson has?222426
34. The highest total number of fingers and toes that one person has is: 26• Held by Lei Yadi Min• She is only one year old.• She has 12 fingers and 14 toes. LUCÍA POZA
35. 17. What is the longestdistance that someonehas carried a table withtheir teeth?11.80 metres12.40 metres13.90 metres
36. The longest distance that someone has carried a table with their teeth is: 11.80 metres• Held by Georges Christen (Luxembourg)• He ran this distance with a 12kg table and a 50kg person sitting on top of it. PATRICIA BELLÓN
37. 18. What is the longesttime that someone hashad their body on fire?3 mins. 40 secs.2 mins. 47 secs.2 mins. 39 secs.
38. The longest time that someone has had their body on fire is: 2 mins. 57 secs.• Held by Keith Malcolm from Scotland.• He ran 91 metres with his body on fire in Rome.• He wore eight layers of protective clothes and a Formula 1 suit, fire hoods, a helmet and a protective fireproof gel. JAVIER VÁZQUEZ
39. 19. Who is the fastestman in the world?ZellerUsain BoltAlain Bernard
40. The fastest man in the world is: Usain Bolt• He ran 100m in 9.69 seconds.• He won this record in the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.• He was born in 1986 in Jamaica. IRIA ÁLVAREZ, ADRIÁN CAÑIZO
41. 20. What is the largestnumber of water skierstowed by the sameboat?4992114
42. The largest number of water skiers towed by the same boat is: 114• Achieved by the Horsehead Water Ski Club (Australia).• In March 2010. CLAUDIA DOPICO
43. 21. Which family hasthe most Oscar-winninggenerations?The Bardem familyThe Jackson familyThe Huston family
44. The family that has the most Oscar-winning generations is: The Huston family• Walter Huston won the Best Supporting Actor in 1948.• His son John Huston won Best Director for the same film.• John’s daughter, Angelica Huston, won Best Supporting Actress in 1985. PATRICIA SANTA CRUZ
45. 22. What is the highestnumber of t-shirts puton in one hour?94112116
46. The highest number of t-shirts put on in one hour is: 96• Achieved by Jonathan O’Connell (Ireland)• In Dublin on 30th May, 2009. PATRICIA SANTA CRUZ
47. 23. Who is the richestman in the world?Bill GatesAmancio OrtegaCarlos Slim
48. The richest man in the world is: Carlos Slim Helu• He was born in a Lebanese family.• He lives in Mexico.• He invests in buying businesses and selling property. RAFAEL BOUZAS
49. 24. What is the fattestanimal in the world?elephantdoggiraffe
50. The fattest animal in the world is a: giraffe• It is the fattest and tallest animal.• It lives in Tanzania. ROSALÍA FERNÁNDEZ
51. 25. How long is thelongest water slide inEurope?360 metres420 metres500 metres
52. The longest water slide in Europe is: 360 metres long• It is called the Galaxy and it is in the Erding Water Park in Austria.• It opened in 2007. ANA GESTAL
53. 26. What does thesmallest waist in theworld measure?34 cm38 cm40 cm
54. The smallest waist in the world measures: 38 cm.• Held by Cathie Jung, she was born in 1937. (USA)• Her waist is the diameter of a CD.• She wears a corset 24 hours aJAIME FERNÁNDEZ, ÁLVARO YEPES LUCÍA CASTELLANOS, day.
55. 27. What is the fastestanimal in the world?lionjaguarcheetah
56. The fastest animal in the world is the: cheetah• It can reach speeds of up to 70-100 kph.• It usually waits 30 mins after killing its prey, before eating it. BRONTE EDWARDS
57. 28. How long is thelongest eyelash in theworld?4.2 cm.5.7 cm.6.4 cm.
58. The longest eyelash in the world is: 6.4 cm.• Held by Jolie Matzes (USA) in 2006.• Currently Stuart Muller from Florida, USA has an eyelash that measures 6.6 cm. but it is not official yet. ISABEL FOLLA
59. 29. What animal has thestrongest bite in theworld?snakeTasmanian devilalligator
60. The animal with the strongest bite in the world is the: alligator• It lives in the USA or China.• It can reach a length of almost 5 metres and can weigh 400 kg.• The force of its jaws is equivalent to the pressure caused by a medium sized car. IÑAKI URIAGEREKA
61. 30. Who is the tallestman of all time?Jyoti AmgeRobert WadlowGuscard Reventlow
62. The tallest man of all time was: Robert Wadlow• He measured 2.72 metres tall.• He was born in USA in 1918, he died when he was 22.• He had an abnormal pituitary gland which resulted in continuous growth even as an adult. CHLOE CHERUY, MIRANDA CAMPOS
63. 31. Where is the world’stallest statue?New YorkDubaiChina
64. The world’s tallest statue is in: China• It is the Spring Temple Buddha, in China.• It is 153 metres tall.• It was completed in 2002. PALOMA CHAVER
65. 32. How tall is theworld’s shortest man?59.93 cm.84.45 cm.86.40 cm.
66. The world’s shortest man measures: 59.93 cm.• His name is Junrey Balawing.• He is from the Philippines• He is 18 years old. EVA GARCÍA
67. 33. Who was the firstskater to complete a900º (2.5 turns)?Sam LanceFrank SkinnerTony Hawk
68. The first skater to complete a 900º (2.5 turns) was: Tony Hawk• He achieved a 900º turn in the air in 1999.• He was born in California,USA in 1968. YAGO BENAVENTE
69. 34. What is the highestnumber of t-shirts to beworn at one time?145238245
70. The highest number of t-shirts to be worn at one time is: 245• Worn by Kruno Budiselic (Croatia)• He wore a total of 68kg of t-shirts in two hours. MARINA RODRÍGUEZ
71. Kruno Budiselic
72. The EndThank you to everyone who collaborated.
73. The EndThank you to everyone who collaborated.