6. How Do You Get Started 1. Technical skills can be learned. 2. Most entry-level IT jobs need basic IT knowledge combined with enthusiasm.
7. How Do You Get Started 3. Get training: • Colleges courses which include industry- recognized certifications • Courses run by local IT training providers • Online training • Self-study 4. CompTIA certification website: http://certification.comptia.org
8. Certification Means More MoneyAn IT pros earning potential increases withcertification.Most IT pros gain a 9% average salary increaseimmediately following certification, and a 29%increase over the long-term.
9. Certification Paves the Way to a Job 8 in 10 HR professionals think IT certifications will grow in usefulness and importance over the next two years.
10. Certify your Skills
11. Certify to a Better Career Path
12. Company-Level Credentials Learn Best Practices through: • Intense Channel Training • Business Foundational Courses • Quick Start Programs
13. CompTIA Channel Training
14. Authorized Service Center
15. CompTIA Trustmarks• Stand Out from the Crowd• Improve Your Business
16. Jim HamiltonVP, Member CommunitiesCompTIAjhamilton@comptia.org