TO COMPETE PRO
FUNCTIONALITY AND VALUE
WHAT IS COMPETE PRO?
• Compete PRO is a syndicated competitive intelligence tool that
harnesses information collected on the behavior and navigational
patterns of consumers online.
• The data and reports included in Compete PRO provide further
insight into actual online trends for the US browsing population.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
• For the majority of consumers, the Internet is used as the main
source of information consumption.
• Consumer trends online can be extremely valuable to influencers in
the digital landscape who need to better understand how sites are
performing based on traffic metrics and engaging content.
• Campaigns to more effectively reach the browsing population can be
optimized by utilizing insight regarding how consumers are
navigating online and what content is increasing engagement.
LOCAL ANALYTICS vs. COMPETE PRO
to collect visitor data. Incorrect page
tagging can affect data accuracy.
Tracks actual online behavior for real
Offers a view into the breakdown of a
site’s audience composition in terms of
Deleted cookie overstatement
Bots/ Spiders/ Agents overstatement
International and mobile data taken into
Enables you to compare an indivdual
site’s traffic data to traffic metrics for an
industry as a whole.
Provides a platform to understand
activity on YOUR website
Helps uncover the behavioral traits
exhibited in site audience make-up.
Offers a platform for competitive
WHY CHOOSE COMPETE PRO?
Compete boasts the largest panel in industry
Because of the size of our panel, data is more in-depth and extensive
Extensive Keyword Data
Competitors won’t capture as much of a detailed list
Compete PRO’s user interface is intuitive. Finding key information is convenient and customizable.
Compete PRO Solutions are more cost effective and flexible than those offered by competitors.
COMMON COMPETE PRO USE CASES:
Identify potential customers/investments
Narrow the list of prospects based on certain criteria
Look at recurring info, generally related to monthly/quarterly reporting
Use data to gain actionable insights, make decisions based on data
Investigate the activity of competitors and clients
• Proving Value
Demonstrate the value of the services performed
• For Advanced Users, the Dashboards feature gives users the opportunity to make
Compete PRO more customized for their needs
• Dashboards allow users to put together a number of their most-used reports in one
• Dashboards help save time and prevent you from digging around the tool each time
• Dashboards will automatically update with each monthly data publish
• Can add chart, table, single metric or annotation and share as a PDF or email.
SAVED SITES & SAVED GROUPS
• Saved Sites: Each domain will display the selected metric (monthly or
daily), the temporal metric in red or green text, depending on whether there
was a monthly or yearly increase or decrease. Additionally, a blue spark
chart will identify how the site has trended over the past 24 months.
• Saved Groups: Function similarly to Saved Sites, however Saved Groups
will make it simple to view 5 competitors’ trends across multiple metrics.
Grouping similar sites together may be helpful for competitive analysis.
• Within the Profiles tab, the user has the ability to search by website,
keyword or category.
• Website: Investigate the performance of domains across the internet
• Keyword: See which sites are competing for a certain keyword and
the paid/natural breakout.
• Broad Match: less specific, will return more results
• Exact Match: will return exact results, as if the term was searched in
• Category: Investigate the performance of an industry in aggregate.
There are close to 250 Industry categories and over 50 Behavioral
PROFILES > WEBSITE
• Grouped Sites
GET STARTED WITH THE COMPARE TAB
• The Compare Tab allows you to compare
multiple domains and subdomains
against one another. This report
illustrates how certain sites within a
group are trending and helps easily
identify which sites within a group are
experiencing growth and decline.
• Can jumpstart research about what’s
working for competitors and what isn’t.
• Within the Compare tab, users have the
option to either build a comparison list or
load a saved group.
COMPARE TAB KEY FEATURES
• Site Summary
– Up to seven sites can be displayed in comparison graph at one time
– Can view up to 2 years of data for Monthly Metrics
– Can view 1 year for Daily Metrics
– Export as PDF, IMG, CSV or Add to Dashboard
• Search Referrals
– See the difference in Paid/Total Search Referrals for 2 different sites within the comparison group
– Keyword report will compare which site received more traffic volume and average time
– Export as image, CSV, or permalink
• Incoming Traffic
– View the share of traffic coming to 2 sites within the group and the difference in share
– View destination sites, the outgoing share and difference in share
• Prospect and grow your business more effectively with Site Finder. This feature will
enable you to use your own criteria to discover major players in an industry and
uncover potential partners.
Build your criteria based on:
• Website growth
• Unique Visitors
• Industry Category
• Demographic (age, income, gender)
TOP SITES LIST
• View the top performing sites in the industry
List Length (200, 1,000 or 1,500 sites)
Metric ( Unique Visitors, Visits, Page Views, Total Time Spent, Monthly Attention)
Additional Metrics including Site Ranking, Ranking + Unique Visitors, Ranking +
Download as CSV
TRAFFIC & ENGAGEMENT MONTHLY METRICS
Unique Visitors: A measure of how
many people visit a site in a month.
Each visitor is counted once.
Visits Per Person: How many times
each visitor returns to the site on
Visits: A measure of how many times
people visit a site within a month. Each
person accounts for one Unique Visitor,
each subsequent visit is included in the
Pages Per Person: The average
number of pages viewed during a visit.
Attention: A measurement of how
much time was spent on a specific site
in comparison to time spent online that
Compete Rank: A metric used to help
understand site popularity, based on
Average Stay: The average time a
person spends on a site.
Page Views: A measure of how many
pages within a site are viewed during
• Daily Traffic Metrics are trended over the past 12 months.
• Daily Reach: measures how many people visit a site as a percentage in
comparison to all Internet users online that day.
• Daily Attention: considers all the time collectively spent online and then
determines what percentage of that time was given to a particular site.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.