...where space meets purpose
in this bathroom, the
clean and simple
appearance of plain
white creates a light
bright inviting room.
Notice how fresh the green appears on the
walls. The green in contrast with the brown has
modern tranquility an earthy feel while the cream in the couch
brings in neutral tones to enhance the organic
comfort of this space.
Colour and Contrast
The neutral dark cream beige contrast nicely with
the red accent wall leading up the stairs. The
Contrast of red on dark beige does a great job
creating some depth perception in this residential
• when choosing a colour, pick a simple palette and go with it. Too many
different colours may create too much noise and affect the mood of the
• chose colours from nature; variations of colour. Green does not have to be
as vibrant as the leave on a tree, but a soft muted green may work better
depending on the mood that is trying to be achieved.
• stay within the same family of colours when choosing a colour palette. It is
nice to sometimes chose one contrast colour that is dissimilar as an accent
however ensure the colour compliments the palette you have chosen.
• Remember, whether cool tones or warm tones, colour plays a very major
role in the mood and atmosphere of either the residential or commercial
space. Enjoy and appreciate the use of colour.
• come visit us online at www.colourhelp.ca for further
reference material and book a consultation with one of our
qualiﬁed colour consultants.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.