What is this Diploma of
• A nationally recognised VET Diploma
program incorporating 8 units of
• 5 core subjects, 3 electives
• Performance Enhancement Professional
Competency units in this program
• Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development
• Ensure Team Effectiveness (core)
• Manage Projects (core)
• Manage Operational Plan (core)
• Facilitate Continuous Improvement (core)
• Manage People Performance (elective)
• Manage Quality Customer Service (elective)
• Develop a Workplace Learning Environment (elective)
• Under development
– Develop Workplace Policy and Procedures for Sustainability (elective)
– Recruit, Select and Induct Staff (elective)
– Manage Performance Systems (elective)
– Manage Workforce Planning (elective)
When does it begin?
• January 2010
• The program is designed so that you can
achieve the full Diploma qualification in 1
• Options for fast tracking are available
• Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) is also
Where is it conducted?
• Cairns TAFE Campus Tropical North Qld
TAFE– S Block B.E.S.T Faculty
• Negotiated off Campus delivery and
support is available
How is this program conducted?
• Scheduled face to face/online interactive
• Recordings of workshops available on
• Online resources in TNQ online learning
management system (my.tafe)
• Personal coaching/ support
How am I assessed?
• For each competency unit there are 3-4 assessment tasks
– A written assessment that involves Research/ knowledge
development using a text-book and answering designated
– Practical work based activities that are completed in your
workplace and then written into short workplace reports and
signed by relevant workplace personnel
– A general overview story, which describes your current skills and
knowledge against the unit requirements and is supported by a
portfolio of evidence where you collate workplace evidence to
support this story e.g documents, procedures, projects, emails,
How do you get started/costs?
• Attend an information session – December 2009,
January 2010 and Complete a pre-enrolment interview
• Enrol in person/by phoning the TNQ TAFE Admission
Centre – Katrina Wright (0740422386)
• Advise the Program Manager when you receive your
confirmation of enrolment letter
• Complete the induction program with your facilitator
• Start the program
• Costs – approximately $1700 dollars for the full program
• Costs – approximately $600 dollars to RPL
Information sessions 2009-2010
• December 14th
• December 16th
– Cairns campus TNQ
TAFE 5.30 – 7.30pm
• January 18th
• January 20th
2010 Cairns campus TNQ
TAFE 5.30 – 7.30pm
• Web site address for some further detail.
– Username: TBA
– Password: TBA
Contact us anytime and we can clarify any
questions you may have.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.