1. Thomas Edison (the most important inventor of the 19 th century) By: Rachel Doty
2. When was he born and about his early childhood <ul><li>Thomas Edison was born on February 11, 1847 in Milan, Ohio. He was the seventh and last child. When he was only 7 years old his family and him moved to Michigan. He didn’t have a strong education and only went to school for a few months. His mother taught him reading, writing and arithmetic. </li></ul>
3. His Invention <ul><li>The invention that Thomas Edison invented was the Light bulb. The light bulb is something that lets people see and heat some things also. His invention helped a lot of people in the 19 th century. </li></ul>
4. How does the light bulb help people in everyday life now? <ul><li>The light bulb helps us in everyday life right now by giving us light to see at night so no one gets hurt and falls down the stairs or fall on someone else, and to heat our food so we can eat and not starve. </li></ul>
5. Why should he be named Mr. Electric <ul><li>I think that Thomas Edison should be named Mr. Electric because his invention I think is the best invention to be made in the 19 th century. I think that because people had to make a fire everyday to cook their food but after the light bulb was invented then the microwave and the stove and oven were all invented with the light bulb inside of it. So I think he should be named Mr. Electric!!!!! </li></ul>
6. THE END!!!! Thanks for watching my show! I hope you liked it!