Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Delivering sustainable residential development
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Delivering sustainable residential development

462

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
462
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments. Andreas Markides and Chris Pyatt Directors, Colin Buchanan and Partners
  • 2. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 3. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 4. PPG3, paragraph 47: “ Local planning authorities should therefore seek to exploit opportunities to locate larger housing developments around major nodes along good quality public transport corridors and seek to ensure that all housing developments are accessible by a range of non-car modes”. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 5. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 6. NEW BATH Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 7. Key Principles :
    • Location
    • Density
    • Nature of land uses • Juxtopositioning of land uses Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 8. Housing Densities Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 9. Average Housing Densities Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 10. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 11. Not necessarily * The majority of that 47 % may actually drive to work Is Buckingham Sustainable? 47 % of employment population work in Buckingham itself * The remaining 53 % may need to drive long distances Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 12. Modal Split to Primary Schools Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 13.
    • Housing allocation at Banbury, Oxford
    • Station relocation at Ipswich, Suffolk
    • Flitwick Station, Bedfordshire
    • Transport interchange at Clapham Junction Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 14. QUANTIFICATION of the effects of: • Level of public transport provision • Different site locations • Other land uses • Housing mix • Housing layout Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments.
  • 15. Delivering Sustainable Residential Developments Colin Buchanan and Partners

×