Be the first to like this
Outlining some predictions/trends for 2014. Here is the full list:
1. Web as a platform: We will see more and more mobile web games running like native apps, in a move to try and distribute w/o the app stores.
2. Wearable Computing as a platform: The rise of wearable computing will create an opportunity for a whole new set of games (Google Glass!)
3. Consolidation of the infrastructure – the many 3rd party services available via mobile/social SDKs will consolidate to a single platform. Who will be the winner?
4. Unity will continue to dominate the indie developer market.
5. The re-emergence of the Publisher. Mid-tale game developers will become publishers as the barriers to enter the app store are rising.
6. Console is alive and well. And we will have another cycle after this one.
7. Facebook will continue to be meaningful going forward. They are winning on app distribution and are doubling down on mobile games.
8. No new type of games. What will be the game that will be so amazingly different?
9. Gaming will enter other types of content (news, entertainment, education, psychology). Lumosity. JoyTunes. Intellijoy.
10. Global Opportunities for developers in Russia/China. Game developers from Israel can/should target non-English markets and even succeed there.
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.