2. How do I use this VFT?!?
• Slide 3 begins your trip with a Table of Contents;
from here you can link to any slide in the VFT
• Click or use your arrow buttons to continue
moving forward through the slides
• There are lots of interactive links in this VFT, make
sure you keep your eyes open!
• The opera binoculars in the corner of each slide
will take you back to the Table of Contents
3. VFT Table of Contents…
I. The Novel
How was the book received by the public?
II. Paris, France
Setting for The Phantom of the Opera
Paris, modern day
III. The Phantom of the Opera: Legacy
Phantom in film
Phantom, the musical
4. Click on the famous Arc de Triomphe!
5. Click on the photo below to explore
the exterior of the Paris Opera
6. Click on the photo above to explore the interior of the Paris Opera
7. Click on the music notes to explore what lies
beneath the streets of Paris…
8. The Phantom in Film
Click on each still frame to view a clip from the film
10. Phantom of the Opera, the musical
Click here to
The 25th anniversary of the Broadway
opening of Andrew Lloyd Webber's The
Phantom of the Opera was celebrated
as a Special Gala Performance on Jan.
26, 2013. Exact details of the 6:30 PM
performance were kept secret, but
special guests who helped create the
smash hit were in attendance at the
Majestic Theatre. This anniversary
performance was filmed and is now
available on DVD.
Who was there?
12. Now, we’ve returned from our Virtual Field Trip!
Get rid of that jet lag and choose ONE of the
following to complete:
• Make a (colored)Playbill for The Phantom of the
Opera. You must include Paris and Gaston Leroux
somewhere in your Playbill
• Create a timeline for The Phantom of the Opera,
beginning with the novel’s publication; include
• As if you were a doctor, make a journal which
includes several studies and observations of the
Phantom; include any diagnoses you may have