View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
From last lesson
Make a list of the main staple foods of the world
and the places (continents) where they are grown.
• Cereals: wheat, barley, rye, oats, maize, rice
• Root vegetables: potatoes, yams, taro, cassava
• Legumes: soya beans, sago
• Fruits: breadfruit, plantains
• Fish: coastal areas in developing countries
• Wheat: across the world
• Maize: throughout the Americas originally, then spread to
the rest of the world, especially the United States
The Green Revolution refers to a series of research, and
development, and technology transfer initiatives, occurring
between the 1940s and the late 1960s, that increased
agricultural production worldwide, particularly in the
developing world, beginning most markedly in the late 1960s.