1. Time for a PLaN: The Power of Connectivism and Collective Intelligence Caroline O’Bannon Barrow County Schools GaETC 2008 Image Source : ToniVC on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonivc/2283676770
2. A little about me …
3. Barrow County Schools
4. Image Source: Google Maps
5. Image Source: Barrow County Schools
6. Image Source: Barrow County Schools
8. Yes, it’s a Wal-Mart.
9. Image Source : Goldy on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldy/147843191/in/photostream
10. Image Source : 3DPete on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/petehogan/2687824939
11. Image Source : Sualk61 on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/sualk61/2595728213/in/photostream
12. What do I do?
13. Curriculum Integration Specialist
14. 7 years
15. The 8 years before?
16. Taught French
17. Curriculum Integration Specialist In the beginning….
18. He was right .
19. No clear direction Image source Flickr Jellybeanz http://www.flickr.com/photos/jellybean/889915211
101. The Good <ul><li>Tweet from just about any device </li></ul><ul><li>Supports SMS </li></ul><ul><li>LOADS of different desktop apps </li></ul><ul><li>Replies, Direct Messages </li></ul><ul><li>Searchable </li></ul><ul><li>Star favorite Tweets </li></ul>
102. Plurk Micro blog (with a twist)
104. The Good <ul><li>Each Plurk has it’s own page that can be bookmarked </li></ul><ul><li>Ability to have contained , tracked conversations </li></ul><ul><li>Can “Private Plurk” individuals </li></ul><ul><li>Arrange friends into “cliques” for messaging to specific groups among friends </li></ul><ul><li>Ratio? One : Many - Discover new people through Plurk friends </li></ul><ul><li>Join in on just about any conversation </li></ul><ul><li>Built in verbs allow for “bending” 140 characters rule </li></ul><ul><li>Share pictures and video links with thumbnail view </li></ul>
110. For a long while I just lurked in the background . I realized that to get the most out of my network , I had to add to the conversation . I had to be able to share my thoughts and opinions because what I put into this is what I would get out of it. Successful Teaching Blog by Pat Hensley aka Loonyhiker
111. If I just sat around waiting for everything to come to me , I would be sadly disappointed . I think that is why some people have trouble with networking. They are(n’t) willing to put time and energy into its development and then wonder why it isn’t happening . Successful Teaching Blog by Pat Hensley aka Loonyhiker
112. It takes time to grow a network, it’s like moving to a new town - You can’t expect to feel integrated immediately, but participate , contribute and you will settle and find what you are looking for. http://aquaculturepda.edublogs.org/2008/07/09/help-me-demonstrate-the-importance-of-personal-learning-networks/ - Comment from Mobile Technology in TAFE blog
114. I’m cobannon on…. Diigo.com Plurk.com Flickr.com Twitter.com Techintegrate on Delicious.com My Blog: http://edtechtrek.blogspot.com