Coastal Savannah Writing Project is offering a 3-credit graduate class in “Teaching K-12 Writing.”
CSWP is also offering a limited number of $671 scholarships towards tuition for non-degree applicants.
The remaining cost of the course will be approximately $500 for participants eligible for Georgia in-state
tuition (including residents of Beaufort and Jasper counties).
The class will be held on 5-1/2 Saturdays. All sessions are mandatory.
• Session 1: September 7 (9:00-1:00) Introduction and Writing to Learn
• Session 2: September 21 (9:00am-4:00pm) Steps & Strategies for Teaching Writing
• Session 3: October 12 (9:00am-4:00pm) 6 Trait Writing: Ideas & Organization
• Session 4: October 26 (9:00am-4:00pm) 6 Trait Writing: Voice, Word Choice & Sentence Fluency
• Session 5: November 2 (9:00am-4:00pm) 6 Trait Writing: Conventions & Grammar
• Session 6: November 16 (9:00am-12:00) Informative & Explanatory
• Session 6: November 16 (12:30-4:00) Opinion & Argument Writing
• notify CSWP, via this email address, of intent to apply
• After receiving notification that CSWP is accepting participants in the course, apply to AASU
graduate program as a non-degree student
o an application form
o $30 application fee
o immunization form (which includes an opt-out provision)
o Proof of Lawful Presence documentation - link to information:
o any undergraduate and graduate transcripts
o a Border Waiver for Beaufort and Jasper county residents
Applicants who have applied to an Armstrong graduate program in the past may only need to complete
a re-admit form.
Submit non-degree graduate program application directly to "Jill Bell" email@example.com.
Transcripts should be mailed directly to Jill Bell, Director of Graduate Enrollment Services, Victor
Hall, Armstrong Atlantic State University; 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah Georgia 31419 as soon as
Participants must be accepted and enrolled by the end of August.
Lesley Roessing, Director, Coastal Savannah Writing Project, Armstrong Atlantic State University
P: 912.344.2702 F: 912.344.3436
Website: http://www.cswp.armstrong.edu Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coastalsavwp