Use the guiding questions as a class starter, allowing the students time to answer the questions in their journal. Discuss student answers to the question.
Use Web sites to give background information and show examples.
Summary and vocabulary
Ask students to answer questions in their journal, with a partner, or as a whole class.
1. WORKING WITH IMAGES IN WEB DESIGN THE IMPACT OF IMAGES
2. MODULE OVERVIEW• In this module, we will cover: 1. Images and their message 2. How images impact the audience
3. MODULE OVERVIEW• In this module, we will use a blog to: • Write reflections to questions • Sketch ideas • Share with peers• Blogs will be enabled on the web site when needed
4. IMPACT OF IMAGESWO R K I N G WI T H I M A G E S F O R WE B D E S I G N
5. LESSON OVERVIEW• In this lesson, we will: • Explore the guiding questions and share our thoughts with a partner.
6. GUIDING QUESTIONS1. How do images in your environment affect you?2. What effect do you see imagery placing on children, peers, and adults?3. Why do we use images on Web pages?4. What makes a successful image?
7. WEB SITES• What is an image • http://www.webster-dictionary.org/definition/image• Visual Literacy • http://k-8visual.info/• Presenting Effective Web Graphics: • http://docs.rinet.ru/WebGraphics/ch6.htm
8. 1ST BLOG ENTRY• In your blog, add an “image” section. 1. Find 6 images from various sources (billboards, stores, magazines, books, Web, packaging, m ovies, etc.) 2. Describe each image (provide a link if found online) 3. Under each image, cite where it was found. 4. Under each image, describe the message and explain whether or not it is successful.
9. LESSON REVIEW• During this lesson we discussed imagery in our society and the importance of visual literacy. • Visual Literacy: The ability to read and create meaning from images. • Image: A two-dimensional representation of someone or something, such as a drawing or photograph.
10. ON A TELEVISION COMMERCIALTHIS IS PART OF AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE TOURIST INDUSTRY OF AFRICA. THE PHOTO IS ENTICING, SO I THINK THIS IS SUCCESSFUL.
11. ASSESSMENT• Answer the following questions in the Discussion Forum 1. How do images influence people? 2. True or False: An arrow pointing to the east in a logo could mean movement. 3. How are images used on the Web? Why are they so important? 4. Check out your environment; where do you see images? 1. Make a list of images and how they influence you. 2. What makes them successful? Text, images, color?