Some ads are designed to build an image, some are written to drive readers to a website and some announce limited-time offers. via the heart and mind (thinking/feeling) irrespective of the objective (brand building or awareness or product launch etc) most marketers expect the time, money and creativity that goes into developing their advertising campaigns
Find something to say about the product. (one is rational –product related, the other is the emotional connection capturing the prospect’s heart, mind & soul)
1. ADVERTISING PRACTICE THE PRINT MEDIUM
2. Stand out or lose out. <ul><li>Conceptual advertising is about delivering the message/service to the audience in an interesting, surprising manner. </li></ul><ul><li>Designing a print ad is far more difficult than creating a TV ad due to lack of space. To say more with less is the challenge in print ads, hence they require a good concept. </li></ul><ul><li>Move beyond awareness. Provide a compelling or unique reason to view/buy. </li></ul><ul><li>An ad that stays with you long after you’ve seen it…Stickiness </li></ul><ul><li>A great ad campaign (tv/print/radio/digital etc) has to reinforce the message across each communication channel while staying on brand. </li></ul>
3. Considerations <ul><li>Determine the strategic goal behind the print advertisement or how it fits in as part of the overall campaign </li></ul><ul><li>Ultimate aim is to move the needle in terms of sales/viewing. </li></ul><ul><li>Engaging the prospect </li></ul><ul><li>What we found is that if the reader is favourably disposed to the brand, there is a much greater chance that they will consider the purchase of the product or programme being advertised. In fact, in four of the nine categories looked at, more than 90% of readers said they were favourably disposed to the brand, with some saying it was one of their favourites. Clearly brand advocates and brand enthusiasts are more likely to read the brands’ advertising messages </li></ul><ul><li>- Michal Galin. SVP at MRI Starch NY, part of the GfK Group, which specializes in measuring print-ad effectiveness </li></ul>
4. What’s the customer take out? <ul><li>Advertising at its heart is a simple business: </li></ul><ul><li>The single minded Proposition </li></ul><ul><li>Communicate it in a compelling, memorable and entertaining way which will resonate with your target market. </li></ul><ul><li>Non-negotiable 3 R’s : Relevant, Resonate and Reinforce. </li></ul>
5. It is important because …… <ul><li>Keep in mind that the off air advertising we do not only has to raise awareness & reach and make the compelling reason to view but also it is an incidental opportunity to build/grow audiences outside of the actual viewership of the channel. </li></ul><ul><li>Ultimately when we advertise we are also making a statement that this is worth watching. </li></ul><ul><li>If we don’t do the job successfully in that moment, we have lost out. </li></ul>
6. Lost Season Finale UK
7. Lost Season Finale Italy
8. Four Weddings Denmark
9. Teaser Billboard Ad Big Brother Final Season UK
10. Launch of first Eps of Season Finale BB.
11. Channel 4 season finale Big Brother
12. Nikita on Living UK
13. TV3 Lithuania : who killed mia ?
14. TV3 Lithuania ‘Clash of the Choirs’
15. HUNG SERIES LAUNCH
17. Authentic wildlife doc
18. Authentic wild life documentaries
19. CNN : No story gets away
20. Dirty jobs : Discovery
21. BBC News : See both sides of the story <ul><li>Launch of BBC News in US </li></ul><ul><li>Creative campaign combined with clever media placement for impact and stand out. </li></ul><ul><li>See as opposed to Show……unbiased view which drives home credibility of the news brand. </li></ul><ul><li>See both sides to get the full picture… </li></ul>
22. BBC News
23. BBC News
24. BBC News
25. BBC News
26. BBC News
27. TV3 NZ : Law and Order
28. Outside the TV category <ul><li>SOME EXAMPLES TO INSPIRE ! </li></ul>
29. Smart car : placement out of context to achieve stand out.
30. wwf before it’s too late
31. Adidas : quit smoking
32. Canon ixus steady shot.
33. m&m : communication just got sweeter
34. Sony theatre atmosphere
35. Heineken : History is made in Rome Uefa championship held in the city.