WEEKLY ARTICLE QUESTIONS: Name:
Article name: Author:
1. Look over all the visual aids in the piece (pictures, graphs, text boxes). Based on these items,
make 3 predictions as to what your article will be about; please be number each and specific.
2. What is the topic and main idea of your article? How do you know this?
3. Find 3-5 vocabulary words or terminology in your story. Write them here (numbered, please),
along with what YOU feel is the definition of these words.
4. Choose 4-5 main points found in this piece. Write them here (numbered, please) along with the
reason(s) why you chose them.
Is there any bias (author’s opinion) found in this piece? If so, how can you tell? If not, why do you
think there isn’t?
5. In one sentence, write an introduction to the piece.
6. In one sentence, write a closing to the piece.