Outsiders Guided Reading Sheets Ch. 2 Name:
1. Think about the information given in Chapter 1. Based on this, make 2-3 predictions about what you think
will occur in the book, explaining why you predicted this.
2. WHILE READING THE CHAPTER, choose 10 of the following vocab words, write down the page where
you found it and YOUR definitions of the word. (please number or highlight each word)
embarrass struck dumb roguishly
winced incredulous fiery
hesitation stalked nonchalantly
innocent defensively bickering
annoyed imitations smothered
shanghaiing sarcastically stricken
vaguely rebellious law-abiding
3. WHILE READING THE CHAPTER choose 4-5 main ideas from your reading. Explain WHY you think
each is a main idea and what bias in the chapter makes you think this.
4. WHILE READING THE CHAPTER write short notes on each character you meet. Be sure to choose items
that are important (relationships, appearance, social groups) and explain them.
5. AFTER READING THE CHAPTER the author uses foreshadowing when Pony tells us that Socs don’t have
‘anything to sweat about.” Do you find this to be true? Why or why not?