• 2 Truths and a Lie
– Each table will be a group
– Discuss among each other what each person will
say but know which of your group members are
telling the truth and who is lying
– You will announce these to the rest of the class
and the class will have to guess which of you is the
one telling the lie
What is a Podcasting?
• Podcast (or non-streamed webcast) is a series
of digital media files (either audio or video)
that are released episodically and often
downloaded through web syndication.
– Also known as “blogging with sound”
– “pod” comes from the Apple IPOD and the
“casting” comes from broadcasting
• All you need is a computer, microphone and
• you can use software called "podcatchers" like
iPodder or iTunes to "subscribe" to specific
• then have them automatically downloaded to
your computer so you can easily stay up to
date without having to hunt them down on
the web and download the files by hand.
Can be used for:
• Self-Guided Walking Tours - Informational
• Music - Band promotional clips and interviews.
• Talk Shows - Industry or organizational news,
investor news, sportscasts, news coverage and
• Training - Instructional informational materials.
• Story - Story telling for children or the visually-
Who Can View It?
• Podcast Hosting:
– To have your podcast available to anyone, you
must publish it online.
– There are numerous hosting sites to choose from
such as www.podbean.com ,
www.mypodcast.com , and www.podomatic.com
Podcasting and Education
• Goes way beyond books and introduces
technology into the classroom
• Effective way to interact with students outside of
• Moves with your students (mobile with MP3
• Changes the classroom
• Keeps you as a teacher current
• Example of a podcast:
Now You Try!
• Go to First go to www.podomatic.com
• 1. Click on Sign up for PodOmatic
• 2. Make sure to click on the BASIC podOmatic which is FREE
• 3. Sign Up
• 4. Choose a URL for your podcast
– My EX: cmhawes.podOmatic.com
• Create your own podcast! http://tutorial.podomatic.com/
• Or you can explore other podcast that have been made available for
• Don’t forget to check your email for my
Resources for you