View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
A career path for you
An asset for your
PROJECT MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA
The Breakthrough in
Organizational development happens through projects delivered on
time, within budget, on scope, and aligned with organization’s strategy.
Development and success are made by qualified, experienced, professional
employees, denoted as talent.
To retain talent; in order to have the capability to deliver; To sustain and
develop, it is critical to invest in competency building for employees because
well-trained practitioners are not just mere storytellers but become positive
influencers and even catalysts in the organization.
In this program, the American University of Beirut has committed to prepare
teams of practitioners who will synergize through the applications of best
practices to bring their organization to an improved delivery capability.
Participants will learn from seasoned practitioners because these are the
people who have worked on projects and that can talk first-hand about
do’s and don’ts; The Project Management Diploma is a practical hands-
on program with a clear focus placed on advanced project management
knowledge and skills enabling your organization to deliver complex projects
based on best practices.
The curriculum draws heavily from a long, acknowledged experience
of practitioners and trainers in project, program, portfolio, and risk
management. Diploma holders will be thoroughly prepared by Subject
Matter Experts and acknowledged professionals.
The PM diploma is composed of 11 components, divided over two parts: PM Certification
(5 Workshops) and a Diploma Focus (5 courses + 1 final graduation project) from among
4 possible tracks:
• Enterprise and Project Risk Management
• PMO and Program Management
• Engineering Project Controls
• Business Development & Entrepreneurship
• Other Customized tracks might be developed for Health, Government, Oil & Gas
or other specific industries
The courses and workshops are delivered in an executive education style, similar to
EMBA programs worldwide. Courses are delivered once a month over 3 days. The
PM Diploma entitles the attendee to acquire one or more of the following international
certificates offer by PMI, AACE, and IIBA, such as:PMI-PgMP®
,EVP,CCE,CBAP,GPM,PMOC and other ones. Moreover, the PMP/CAPM is a co-
requisite to acquire the Project Management Certification.
“…Rather than relying on an elusive
magic bullet, organizations can improve
performance, reduce risk, save money
and earn a greater return on investments
through excellence in basic project
Pulse of the Profession 2012
The Project Management Certification is designed to enhance your organization’s
capability to deliver by enabling your staff with the capabilities to manage contracts
and internal projects successfully, through focusing on simple repeatable applicable
processes and providing necessary communication skills. The certification will also allow
your organization to make the best use of resources and provide a career path for project
managers to grow.
Rodney Turner, PhD
• Professor of Project Management at SKEMA Business School, Lille, France.
• Adjunct Professor at the University of Technology Sydney, and the Kemmy Business
• Editor of the International Journal for Project Management.
• Author and Editor of sixteen books, including The Handbook of Project-based
Management, the best-selling book published by McGraw-Hill, and the Gower
Handbook of Project Management.
Alexander Rodrigues, Eng PhD PMP
• 22 years+ experience in project and program management.
• Founding president of the PMI Portugal Chapter.
• PMI Component Mentor for Central and Northern Europe
• Contributor to 3rd edition of the PMBOK Guide®
, PMI EVM Practice Standard, and
model for organizational maturity assessment.
• Named PM Ambassador in Portugal by the PM Forum International.
• Professor at University of Wisconsin (Platteville)
• Professor at Architects School in Madrid (Spain)
• Professor at La Salle Business School (Barcelona)
• PMI Fellow Award 2011
• PMI Mentor Region 8th South- West (2010-2014)
• Speaker in several PMI EMEA Congresses
• Sponsor, Founder and Former President of PMI Barcelona (2003-2004)
• Founder and 2nd President of PMI Madrid (2008-2010)
• PMI Distinguished Contribution Award 2010
Alfonso Bucero, MSc, PhD C.,
PMP, PMI-RMP, PMI Fellow
• 35 years+ worldwide professional experience in many cultural environments.
• Supported the development and implementation of a number of strategic programs
for large multinational organizations worldwide, using agile and change concepts.
• Worldwide authority in applications of project, program and value at strategic level.
• Regular Keynote Speaker for major International events.
• Internationally recognized author and speaker..
• Author of two best-selling books and multiple book chapters and articles.
• PMI Fellow 2006.
Michel Thiry, PhD, FAPM, PMI Fellow
• PMI Board of Directors 2010-2012
• 35 years+ experience in engineering, project, and program management
• International speaker and published author
• Author of Business Driven PMO Success Stories
• Author of Enterprise Portfolio Management
Frank R. Parth, MS, MSSM, MBA, PMP
Saadi Adra PhD c, OPM3 Professional,
PgMP, EVP, PMP, RMP, SP, MPM, PMOC
• General Manger at CMCS Lebanon
• PhD in Program and Project Management (SKEMA- Previously ESC LILLE) In
• 20 years+ Experience in Project and Program Management
• International Speaker in numerous Conferences, Symposia & Seminars.
• OPM3 Certified Assessor
• PhD in Systems and Information Engineering (Hokkaido University, 1999)
• 20 years+ experience in corporate training and academic development
• Senior researcher in Management Sciences and Metaheuristics
• Speaker at PMI-Lebanese Chapter and Lebanese Management
• Developed the Management Information System Department at the Lebanese
American University, Beirut.
• Developed the Faculty of Administrative Sciences, Global University, Beirut and
oversaw its accreditation.
Ibrahim Kebbe, PhD
Nigel L Williams, PhD, Prince 2, PMP
• 17 years+ experience in Project Management Practice, Education and Research
• International Presenter
• Community Chair for the PMI Organizational Project Management Community of Practice
• Founder GreenPB
• Editor of the Journal of Project, Program and Portfolio Management, Special Issue
on Organizational Project Management
• Contributor to the standard of OPM 3 (2012-2013) and APM BOK Version 5
Khaled Khan, PhD, PMP
• PhD in Strategy, Program and Project Management (SKEMA- Previously ESC LILLE)
• 25+years of experience in Program/Project Management and Policy development
• Held senior government positions in portfolio/program/project management roles
• Sponsor and Founding President of PMI Lahore Chapter (2004-1012)
• Core team member for PMI PMBOK 5th Edition 2012
• Contributor, PMI Standard for Portfolio Management 2007
Ron Basu, PhD
• Visiting Professor at SKEMA Business School, France.
• Co-author of numerous books including ‘Quality Beyond Six Sigma’author of
Measuring e-Business Performance, ‘Implementing Quality’, ‘Implementing Six
Sigma & Lean’, ‘FIT SIGMA’, ‘Managing Project Supply Chains’ & ‘Managing Project
• International Speaker in numerous Symposia, Conferences & Seminars on Project
Management, Six Sigma, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain topics.
• Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Institute of Business Consultancy,
Association for Project Management, and Chartered Quality Institute.
• Winner of APM Project Management Award.
Americo Pinto, PMP, PhD c.
• 15 years+ experience in implementing and operating PMOs
• Professor at the most important universities of Latin America.
• Author of two project management books and contributed to many others.
• Speaker at more than 80 conferences and meetings in United States, Latin America
and Europe in the last ten years.
• PMI Distinguished Contribution Award 2011
• Vice President of PMI Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Chapter 2002
Bassam Samman PMP, PSP, EVP, GPM
• CEO & Founder of CMCS
• 30 years+ experience in project, program, portfolio and strategic project management.
• Extensive experience in project management related software and solutions.
• International speaker in numerous Conferences, Symposia and Seminars.
Rizwan Amin Sheikh PhD
• PhD in Strategic, Project and Program Management (SKEMA Business School –
Previously ESC LILLE)
• Professor, Associate Dean, and Director MBA Program at Karachi School for Business
& Leadership (KSBL).
• 20+ years of professional experience in various management positions.
Mohamad Boukhari PhD c, PMP, PMI-RMP,
• Professional Services Manager at CMCS Lebanon
• PhD in Project and Program Management (SKEMA Business School – Previously
ESC LILLE) In Progress
• Project and Risk Management Expert
• 15 years professional experience in carrying out complex projects, developing and
implementing PMOs, and in providing business solutions and development.
• Board Member, Education Advisor at PMI Lebanon Chapter
• Project and Risk Management Trainer at the American University of Beirut CEC and
prime regional companies.
• Speaker at PMI EMEA Global Congress 2013.
Claudia M. Baca, PMP, OPM3 Certified
Carlos Colón Riollano, PhD, PMP, OPM3P, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP,
PMI-SP, MCTS, CQIA, CCMM, DAWIA
• 20+ years experienced project/program and portfolio manager.
• First Latin-American to become PMI Certified OPM3 Assessor/Consultant.
• Mentor of the Dominican Republic potential development group for a PMI chapter.
• Founding member and former Vice-president of PMI PR Chapter 1998 – 1999.
• Speaker at PMI PR Annual Symposium about OPM3 in 2012
• Speaker at PMI Colombia Congress about OPM3 & Organizational Culture in 2011
• Asi Somos – Paper presented at the PMI 2008 Global Congress
Jose Pinto, MIS, PMP
• 20+ years of experience in project, program and general management.
• Involved in the development of small companies.
• Published several papers, on Project Management and Balanced Scorecard.
• Founder and Finance Director of the PMI Portugal Chapter.
• Keynote Speaker for major international events related to PMI.
• PhD in Project Management (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University /
RMIT - in progress)
• Head of Business Development & Marketing for a real estate development company
• 22+ years of experience in the Middle East
• Experience within a multinational and multicultural environment
• Professional in market surveys, feasibility studies, and population & cultural studies
• Real estate consultant
• First PMI Certified OPM3 Assessor/Consultant.
• Trained 80 of the 85 Certified OPM3 Assessor/Consultants in the world.
• She has been active in the project management industry since 1984
• Co-author of “Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)”
• Speaker at numerous PMI Symposia and Congresses
• Author of numerous Project Management, PMO and OPM related books.
Joel Carboni, President GPM
• 15 years+ Experience in Project and Program Management
• Current Director of Standards for the asapm (IPMA-USA)
• Author, The GPM Reference Guide to Sustainability in Project Management
• Certified IPMA-B (IP)
• Speaker at numerous Symposia, Conferences and Seminars with PMI & IPMA.
• Author of the PRiSM Project Delivery Methodology, 2011
Muhammad Ehsan Khan, PhD, PgMP, PMP,
MCT, MCITP EPM
• PhD in Strategy, Program and Project Management, France.
• 14 years+ of core experience in the field of project management.
• Originator of Contingent Governance Framework for Projects and Programs
• Winner of international awards in the field of project management.
• Speaker at PMI EMEA 2012 – PMI Student Paper of the Year Award (EMEA) 2012
Radhia Benalia, PhD c, PMP
• Deputy General Manager at CMCS Lebanon
• PhD in Program and Project Management (SKEMA- Previously ESC LILLE) In
• University Instructor
• 15+ Years in Training, Leadership Development, Communication Skills Enhancement
• Nominated Candidate for Provincial Parliament- Canada 2009
• Woman as Peace Maker Award, Canada 2008
Akram Hassan PhD, OPM3 Professional,
MBA, RMP, PMP, CIArb, CESCE, CECC
• PhD in Civil Engineering, MBA in e-Company, ABET University, USA
• +20 years’ Experience in Design, Construction and Project Management
• Associate Professor at National Research Center
• OPM3 Certified Assessor
• Presenter in PMI OPM Community of Practice, Agile Community of Practice, Troubled
projects Community of Practice
Certificate comes with:
Diploma comes with one of the
following optional certificates:
• 28+ years of experience in IT, Business and Projects, Program and Relationship
• Managed multiple projects and programs ranging from 3 to 24+ months, with multi‐
million US Dollars budgets, and with multicultural teams with various team sizes
including internal and vendor resources
• Experienced project/program management trainer
• Abu Dhabi Local Councilor of the MBA course Exploring the International Business
Environment at Strathclyde Business School (Glasgow, UK).
• International Speaker in PMI EMEA Global Congress, PMI Lebanon Chapter,
Operational Excellence Society of Abu Dhabi among others.
Graziella Abi Fares
• 20 years+ Design and Project Management experience in consultancy, Architecture
and Interior design.
• DAS (Diploma of Advanced Studies) in Project Management from HEC Université de
• Diplome des Etudes Supérieures en Architecture de l’ALBA 1992
• IPMA-D (International Project Management Association) Certificate April 2012
• General Manager at CMCS Jordan
• 16+ years of professional experience in project management consultancy.
• Extensive experience in scheduling and preparation of Master Development Plans,
planning and project control procedures, scheduling of tendering programs,
resources loading and cash flow.
• Successfully completed the international Entrepreneurs and Enterprise Development
Program and won the first prize for Business Creation of this program.
• 25+ years of experience in Project Management, planning and controls.
• Extensive experience in fields of Construction, Infrastructure, Oil and Gas.
• Keynote Speaker in numerous events including those directed to Nigerian Institute of
Quantity Surveyors, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, among others.
Project Risk Management
We have found our experience with the PMO consultants to be
very positive. (..) to be quite professional in their approach, and their
guidance in allowing our team to develop our integrated processes has
been invaluable. I personally have improved my own capability, and
our respective companies have been mutually rewarded as a result of
our relationship. - Director of Integrated Project, Oil and Gas International Company
The program features some of the most advanced topics in organizational project
management, including Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)®
Portfolio Management, Program Management, Governance, in addition to PMO setup
and enhancement. The program provides sophisticated competencies that will leverage
the development of strategic, tactical, or program management offices-as required by
semi- government, public, private-partnership (PPP), infrastructure, and organizational
PMO & Program
The track will focus on performing risk management at a portfolio, program, and project
levels as well as on enterprise risk management when adopting it as a strategic decision
making tool to optimize performance across all business functions. The risk management
track provides a logical and systematic manner of establishing risk methodology;
identifying, analyzing, integrating, evaluating, treating, monitoring, and communicating
risks in a way that allows organizations to make sound decisions and respond timely to
risks and opportunities as they arise.
The curriculum encompasses elements from the Australia/ New Zealand Standard 4360:
2004 Risk Management (AS / NZ), ISO 31000:2009 – Risk Management – Principles and
Guidelines, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Tread way Commission
“Throughout the execution of
the Enterprise Risk Management
Application project, processes were
invoked and applied cautiously as per
our PMO standards. The Risk experts’
dedication, drive, valuable knowledge,
and professionalism really help made
- GCC Transport Authority
This program covers a wide spectrum of project
management applications for organizations who wish to
expand in new geographical areas, manage marketing,
Sponsorship projects and Project or business plan. For
non-governmental Organizations, the program will cover
all the competencies required for sponsoring projects, and
identifying & managing requirements until the benefits are
earned by the implementation of successful projects.
“Very useful training in terms of
handling practical tools which we can
implement in our work.
- Director, International Engineering
and Construction Company
The objective of the program is to provide participants with
the perspectives of major stakeholders of Construction
Projects: owners/developers, consultants/ designers/
supervision consultants, and contractors. This will provide
a deeper understanding required for managing all parties,
designing projects, and completing a quality design that
will positively impact Implementation over the entire project
lifecycle. Estimation, Planning, Contract management,
Extension of time Analysis, and Construction Management
topics will be covered in a practical manner.
“We greatly appreciate
the consultancy team loyalty
and ongoing support over the
past several years. Without it,
we would not have enjoyed
the successes that come with
delivering projects on time to
our common clients.
- Director, International Engineering
and Construction Company
• Strategic Project Management for Executives
• Green Project Management
• Project Lessons Learned
• Effective Project Controls for Engineering and Construction Projects
• Cost Engineering Certification Course
• Earned Value Management (EVP)
• Engineering Project Controls
• Extension of Time Analysis & Extension of Time Request
• Workshop for the preparation of the PMP®
• Contract Administration and Claim Management
• Contracting and Procurement course
• Effective Submittal Management in Construction Projects
General Certification Courses
Best Practices in Managing Small to Medium Projects
Project Stakeholder Management
Project Leadership/Communication Skills
Project Management in Primavera P6 Client-Server
Practical Approach to managing Mega Projects
Achieving Risk Management Professional Certification-Project Risk Management
Quantitative Risk Analysis Workshop
Enterprise Risk Management using ISO-31000
Practical Risk Workshop
Project in Risk Management
Enterprise and Project Risk Management Focus Courses
PMO & Program Management Focus Courses
Engineering Project Controls Focus Courses
Business Development & Entrepreneurship Focus Courses
PMO Setup and Implementation
Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
Project Feasibility and Portfolio Prioritization Techniques (Workshop)
Organizational Governance for Enabling Portfolio/Program/Project Management (OPM3)®
Project in Program Management/PMO Governance
Cost Estimating, Budgeting, and Controlling
Design Project Management
Construction Project Management I&II
FIDIC Conditions of Contract & Claims and Dispute Resolution
Project in Controls
Project Management for Entrepreneurs
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP/CCBA)
Project Management for NGOs
Project in Business Development, Organization development or Entrepreneurship
The project management diploma is offered
in collaboration with
1. The PMD Provides needed competencies to successfully deliver contracts
and internal projects.
2. Enables participants to deliver complex projects based on best practices
in compliance with PMI, AACE, ISO, ANSI and other standards.
3. Prepared by subject matter experts and delivered in a practical hands-on
4. Delivered through an executive education style, similar to EMBA programs
worldwide, through a 3-day course per month.
5. Offered at AUB campus, your company’s premises or anywhere around
6. Grants registered participants AUB campus access and services, and
graduates will join the AUB Alumni.
7. Presents a post-graduate degree with high Return on Human Capital
About CMCS• Project Management Solution Provider and Capacity Builder.
• Offices in 21 countries.
• Project Management Institute (PMI)®
, Registered Education Provider.
• Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®
Registered Consultant Program.
• AACE Approved Education Provider, GPM Education Partner, IIBA Endorsed Education
• +2,000 Corporate Clients.
• +1,700 Courses Offered Since 2006.
• +12,400 Course Attendees (+2,500 in Lebanon).
The applicant need
to meet AUB admission
CMCS: (+9611) 345-111
AUB: (+9611) 350-000 ext. 3140/1/4/5
FAX: (+9611) 346-111, Email: Lebanon@cmcs-mena.com