View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
SUPER 3PRESENTED TO YOU BY: CAYLA BARNES AND JULIE KENNEDY
The Super 3 is a strategy that is part of the
big 6. It is a simplified plan of the big 6
model. It is especially designed for
younger students so they can learn how to
research. The Super 3 allows educators to
introduce research to students with
confidence and guidance.
• BEST FOR PRE-K -3RD GRADE (EISENBURG AND ROBINSON)
• CAN BE USED FOR 4TH AND 5TH GRADERS
WHEN THE BIG 6 IS TOO COMPLICATED FOR
• A GRADUAL TRANSITION FROM THE SUPER3
TO THE BIG 6 IS RECOMMENDED.
• ADVANCED LEARNERS MAY MOVE QUICKLY
FROM THE SUPER 3 TO THE BIG 6.
SUPER3 vs. iSEARCH
• Consist of 3 parts
• Plan Do Review
• Designed for younger
• Prepares students for
the Big 6 model
• Ideal to help students
begin how to research
• The I-Search paper format is
written in 4 main sections
• Writing what you know
about a topic
• *Questioning/Writing what
you want to know.
• Searching/Writing about
what you have learned.
• Summing it all up-Writing
about what you learned
• *used by high school
• Students use this model to
write about what they are
• Eisenburg, Michael and Laura Eisenburg Robinson. “Super 3 Webinar 2008.” Online PowerPoint. 20
October 2010 https://docs.google.com/present/view?id+df89djd_55dcvhbjcf
• Walker, Laura. Super 3 Research Process. Finneytown Local School District. 2009. Web 20 October 2010
Courtesy of MorgueFile.com and MicrosoftOffice.com- Free Images