View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Amazon Web Services
Arpit Ahuja, Principal Consultant
What is Amazon Web Services
• Complete set of infrastructure and application services
• Enables customers to run virtually any application on cloud
AWS Building Blocks
Deployment and Administration
Compute Storage Database
AWS Global Infrastructure
•10 Different Regions
•28 Availability Zones
•51 Edge Locations
• Lower Overall Cost
• Economies of Scale
• Pay for what you use
• Replace Capex with Opex
• No upfront cost
• No commitment
• Agility and Speed
• Provision new Infrastructure in
• End hardware refresh cycle
• No need to plan and manage
hardware refresh cycle
• Elasticity and Flexibility
• Scale up or down automatically
• On Demand access to unlimited
• Shift focus to differentiation
• Free internal resources
• Focus on innovation
• Procure, provision and manage
resources via self-service
• Secure and Durable
• Industry Recognition certification and
SAP licensing on AWS
• BYOL – Bring your own license
• Primary model for most SAP applications
• Existing SAP licenses can be used on AWS
• License Included
• SAP HANA One Business Edition
• BOBJ BI 4.0 – w/5 user license
• Trial / Developer Editions
• SAP Afaria Trial
• SAP Process Orchestration Trial
• Sybase Unwired Platform Developer Image
• SAP HANA One Developer Edition
AWS / SAP Alliance
SAP has been AWS partner since 2008
AWS is an SAP certified Global Cloud Services Partner
And Global technology Partner
SAP products are certified for Production Deployment on AWS
SAP Solutions certified on AWS
• SAP Business suite
• ERP, CRM, SCM, PLM, SRM, NetWeaver ABAP and Java apps
• SAP Business All-in-One (A1)
• SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS)
• SAP Business Objects BI Solutions
• SAP Afaria (Mobile Device Management)
• SAP HANA One
• SAP Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP)
• SAP Business One (On-premise)
Certification Requirement only applies to production use cases. Any SAP application can be run on AWS for non-production use cases.
SAP note # 165609 contains the latest information regarding SAP product, landscape and platform support on AWS
SAP use cases on AWS
• Extend Existing IT Infrastructure to the AWS Cloud
• Run Test, Training, Demo, POC and Sandbox systems on AWS
• Migrate SAP DEV and QAS landscapes to AWS
• SAP Document and Data Archiving to AWS Cloud Storage
• Temporary infrastructure for SAP upgrades and OS/DB migrations
• DR site for on-premises SAP production environments
• Migrate SAP legacy systems to AWS
• Host Complete SAP Environments on the AWS Cloud
Introduction to all
components on AWS
• Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) provides scalable virtual private servers
• Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) allows businesses, researchers, data analysts,
and developers to easily and cheaply process vast amounts of data. It uses a hosted
Hadoop framework running on the web-scale infrastructure of EC2 and Amazon S3.
• Amazon Route 53 provides a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS)
• Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) creates a logically isolated set of Amazon EC2
instances which can be connected to an existing network using a VPN connection.
• AWS Direct Connect provides dedicated network connections into AWS data centers,
providing faster and cheaper data throughput.
• Amazon CloudFront, a content delivery network (CDN) for distributing objects to so-
called "edge locations" near the requester.
• Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) provides Web Service based storage.
• Amazon Glacier provides a low-cost, long-term storage option (compared to S3). High
redundancy and availability, but low-frequent access times. Ideal for archiving data.
• AWS Storage Gateway, an iSCSI block storage virtual appliance with cloud-based backup.
• Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) provides persistent block-level storage volumes for
• AWS Import/Export, accelerates moving large amounts of data into and out of AWS using
portable storage devices for transport.
• Amazon DynamoDB provides a scalable, low-latency NoSQL online Database Service backed by SSDs.
• Amazon ElastiCache provides in-memory caching for web applications. This is Amazon's
implementation of Memcached and Redis
• Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) provides a scalable database server
with MySQL, Informix, Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL support.
• Amazon Redshift provides petabyte-scale data warehousing with column-based storage and multi-
• Amazon SimpleDB allows developers to run queries on structured data. It operates in concert with EC2
and S3 to provide "the core functionality of a database".
• AWS Data Pipeline provides reliable service for data transfer between different AWS compute and
storage services (e.g., Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR). In other words this
service is simply a data-driven workload management system, which provides a simple management API for
managing and monitoring of data-driven workloads in cloud applications
• Amazon Kinesis streams data in real time with the ability to process thousands of data streams on a
per-second basis. The service, designed for real-time apps, allows developers to pull any amount of data,
from any number of sources, scaling up or down as needed
• Amazon CloudFormation provides a file-based interface for provisioning other AWS
• AWS Elastic Beanstalk provides quick deployment and management of applications in
• AWS OpsWorks provides configuration of EC2 services using Chef
• Amazon Identity and Access Management (IAM) is an implicit service, the
authentication infrastructure used to authenticate access to the various services.
• Amazon CloudWatch, provides monitoring for AWS cloud resources and applications,
starting with EC2.
• AWS Management Console (AWS Console), A web-based point and click interface
to manage and monitor the Amazon infrastructure suite including (but not limited
to) EC2,EBS, S3, SQS, Amazon Elastic MapReduce, and Amazon CloudFront. Amazon also makes
available a mobile application for Android which has support for some of the management
features from the console.
• Amazon CloudSearch provides basic full-text search and indexing of textual content.
• Amazon DevPay, currently in limited beta version, is a billing and account management
system for applications that developers have built atop Amazon Web Services.
• Amazon Elastic Transcoder (ETS) provides video transcoding of S3 hosted videos,
marketed primarily as a way to convert source files into mobile-ready versions.
• Amazon Flexible Payments Service (FPS) provides an interface for micropayments.
• Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) provides bulk and transactional email sending.
• Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) provides a hosted message queue for web
• Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) provides a hosted multi-protocol
"push" messaging for applications.
• Amazon Simple Workflow (SWF) is a workflow service for building scalable, resilient