The basic structural and functional
units of all organisms. They may
exist and function alone or in
groups. The two cell types are
somatic and germ. See mitosis.
Kind of cells
• Prokaryotic: those cells are smaller and simpler than a
eukaryote, they have a similar form but the nucleos and
organelles are simpler. There are two kind of prokaryotic:
• Eukaryotic: there are four kind of eukaryotic
The plant cells
1. Cell wall
light energy for
packed cells form a
Root air cell
Absorbs water and
process with very thin
Fertilises an egg cell -
genetic information and
an enzyme to help
penetrate. The middle
section with mitochondria
for energy. The tail moves
the sperm to the egg.
Red blood cells
haemoglobin to carry
oxygen to the cells.
increases the surface
area to allow more
oxygen. No nucleus.
• From high concentration to a region where they
are in low concentration
• to move from a high to a low concentration while
there is a concentration gradient.
• For exemple the oxigen in the blood.
• For osmosis to happen you need:
1. Two solutio with different concentration
2. A partially permeable membrane to separate
• Moviment of wather from a less concentration
solution to a more concentration solution through
• Very important for plants