Be the first to like this
Gary Cook &Kate Clough: Reflections on integrating the First cohort of XJTLU students. Slides from the University of Liverpool Learning and Teaching Conference 2009.
This session will reflect on the key lessons learned from going through the process of receiving 50 students into second year of the Maths with Finance programme and integrating the cohort into modules with established cohorts of “Liverpool” students. Reflections will focus both on how well the procedures and practices adopted worked and what has been learned about the characteristics of the first cohort. Among the themes to be considered are:
* Welcome and orientation procedures in the University and the Department
* The initial assessment of English language and study skills
* Dealing with doubling of class sizes
* Breaking down the insularity of the cohort
* Diagnosing the academic performance of the cohort
* How was it for them?
* Key lessons learned
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.