1. What do I understand Taoismto be?By Zara Harris
2.  Taoism grew out of various religious traditions in ancient China about 2000 years ago. Tao is not a god, more of an idea, but Taoists worship deities who represent things such as the moon, stars, sun and the tides.
3.  Taoists believe that good actions will mean a better life for their soul, so Taoists follow rules and guidelines for living. They are not allowed to tell lies, steal, commit murder or drink alcohol.
4.  Yin and Yang is used to describe seemingly opposite forces, for example: light and dark, in and out, hot and cold. Taoists believe that if you have a pure body you will have good spiritual health so they practice things like meditation, tai chi and yoga.
5.  Chinese New Year, Mid-Autumn and the Dragon Boat festivals are all celebrated by Taoists.