1. Copyright Clive Burgess 2006 -2010 Top Sheet Zone Control System Site Location UK Security Zones Audited – Health & Safety Check List Is a Zone Control System being used? Is the Zone Control System Database 1 6 being used? 2 7 3 8 4 9 5 PART ONE Date ………………… Administration/Statutory requirements – sheet 2 Communication – sheet 2 Training – sheet 2 COSHH – sheet 3 Risk Assessments – sheet 3 Welfare – sheet 4 Work Location – sheet 4 Fire Prevention – sheet 5 Environment – sheet 6 Manual Handling – sheet 6 Display Screen Equipment – sheet 6 First Aid – sheet 7 Accident Prevention – sheet 7 Site Plans – sheet Safe Systems of Work – sheet 8 Traffic Management – sheet 8 7
2. Shee t2Zone Control System Site LocationPART ONE Comments Actions TakenAdministration/Statutory requirementsAre statutory notices posted?Are rules, regulations, policies, procedures filed? Check training filesCommunicationAre the staff and others aware of the implications of the HASAW Act 1974? How is this recorded?Are safety matters discussed and drawn t their attention by their line manager? How is this recorded?Do all staff have access to statements of arrangements (H&S Policy)?Where is the H&S Policy located?Who is responsible for updating the H&S policy?TrainingIs training in safety matters carried out? How is this recorded? Check training filesAre First Aiders trained locally? How is this recorded? Check training filesHas all staff received Fire Awareness training? How is this recorded? Check training filesHas all staff received Manual Handling training? How is this recorded? Check training filesHave all staff received Induction/Safe Systems of Work training? How is this recorded? Check training files
3. Shee t3Zone Control System Site Location Comments Actions TakenCOSHHAre COSHH Risk Assessments in place? How is this recorded?Where are the assessments located?Who is responsible to review COSHH? Have they reviewed them within thelast year?Are the datasheets attached to the Risk Assessment? How is this recorded?Risk AssessmentsHave risk assessments for work been carried out? How is this recorded?Who is responsible for reviewing the risk assessments yearly?Have any risk assessments for safe systems of work been carried out? How is this recorded?Have any changes in practices that required a review of risk assessments beencarried out in the last twelve months?Has the (Head of Works Services) been given a copy of any changes?Are the risk assessments and SSW available to staff? Check training filesWhat type of risk assessment form has been used in the past? (Please attach acopy)How many risk assessments have been carried out? How is this recorded?What risk assessments are required by the client being audited? Please list on separate sheet When are they required by?Are any LOLER/PUWER risk assessments carried out? Are any insurance inspections available?
4. Shee t4Zone Control System Site Location Comments Actions TakenWelfareToilets: are they functional and clean?Washbasins: are they functional and clean?Is ‘Drinking’ water available?Where appropriate are there drying rooms for cloths?Is there a staff rest room?Are soap, towels or toilet paper provided?Who is responsible for the housekeeping in this area?Work LocationAre floor surfaces free from trip hazards?Are stairs and steps in sound condition?Are approach routes to ‘Fire Escape’ doors clear?Are ‘Fire doors’ operable?Are ‘Fire Resistant’ doors kept in a proper (i.e. not wedged open) state?Are outside escape staircases in sound condition?Are floors kept in a non slip condition?Are the power points, plugs, cables etc in a sound condition?
5. SheeZone Control System Site Location t5 Comments Actions TakenFire PreventionHas a Fire Risk assessment been conducted? Is one required? When by?Is there a Fire safety plan of the site? Is one required? When by?Are ‘NO SMOKING’ areas clearly defined?Are self closing doors kept shut?Are such doors kept free from obstruction?Are all personnel conversant with the actions taken in event of a fire? Check training filesDo they know their evacuation drill? How is this recorded?Are fire alarms accurate? What date were they last tested?Are fire alarm points kept free from obstruction and clearly marked?Are there sufficient portable fire extinguishers? Are they date tested?Have all personnel been trained in there use? Check training filesHow many fires occurred last year? How is this recorded?As a result of these are there any further fire precautions necessary?Are blue (fire action signs) displayed and filled in?Date of the last fir evacuation drill? How is this recorded?Has any Fire Marshall training been carried out? Check training files
6. Shee t6Zone Control System Site Location Comments Actions TakenEnvironmentIs the temperature satisfactory? Is there a thermometer?Is the ventilation satisfactory?Are the lighting standards satisfactory? When are they cleaned?Is there a housekeeping system in place?Are there any Environmental risk assessments in place?Is there a waste management system in place (Wet and Dry log etc)?Is t here any copies of waste legislation on site?See Part Two – Housekeeping and Environment Audit Service Is this service required? When by?Manual HandlingHave manual handling risk assessments been completed for each Zone? How is this recorded?Who is responsible to monitor/train manual handling? Check training filesHave all manual handling assessments been submitted to the Head of Works?Display Screen EquipmentHave the DSE/Ergonomics of your workspace been assessed? How is this recorded?Have employees conducted a ‘Self’ Risk Assessment? Check training files Is one required? When by?
7. SheeZone Control System Site Location t7 Comments Actions TakenFirst AidIs the First aid room (where applicable) in satisfactory condition?Are first aid boxes provided and fitted along with guidance card/contentslisted?Are lists of ‘First Aiders’ up to date and displayed? How is this recorded? Check training filesWho is responsible for maintaining first aid boxes? How is this recorded?Accident PreventionAre procedures in operation and understood? How is this recorded? Check training filesAre minor injuries investigated realistically?Are lessons learnt from accidents drawn to the attention of the staff?Are preventative measures arising from accidents proving effective?Do you seek guidance from any safety advisor in relation to accidents?Do you know how to report RIDDORS and why it is necessary?Site PlansIs there any plans of the available? Are they up-to-date?Do you require our Zone Control System for Safety? Do you require us to draw the plans? When by? Copyright Clive Burgess 2006 - 2010
8. Shee Zone Control System Site Location t8 Comments Actions Taken Safe Systems of Work Are there any Safe Systems of Work in place? How is this recorded? Check training files Are any required? Is this service required? When by? Traffic Management Is there one in place? Are signs in place? See Part Three - Traffic Management System Audit Is this service required? When by? Summary of findings:Inspection Carried Out By: Checked by H&S Advisor PRINT NAME SIGNATURE NAME Copyright Clive Burgess 2006 - 2010 DAT E OF COMPLETION: